Many young graduates cringe at the thought of taking assistance from a professional recruiting agency. However, as the job market is becoming more and more competitive, with employers looking for specific skill sets, recruitment agencies has come to the forefront. While you may have some pre-conception about using a professional recruitment agency, the truth is, getting in touch with a reputed recruitment firm is your best bet to land a dream job if you are seeking a job.
Here are some reasons how recruiting agencies can be the first stepping-stone to a bright future.
- Companies prefer recruiting agencies: Most companies today believe in effective time and resource management and thus do not want to go through a pile of applications for their staffing requirements. Thus, they employ the task to seasoned recruitment agencies. Therefore, by enrolling yourself with a good agency, you will significantly increase your chances to be found by the top companies.
- Interview preparation: Recruiting agencies often offer proper training and the assistance you need to crack an interview. The reason is simple. Their image depends on your success. Most agencies will give you a thorough idea about the company, their work culture and work ethics. In addition, you will get a good idea about the job profile beforehand. As such, when you are taking assistance from such a staffing firm, you will never have to go unprepared for an interview.
- Wider scope: A typical recruitment agency will have many clients across various fields. When a job seeker approaches an agency, they match his or her skill sets and aspirations with all the open jobs and recommend opportunities. Consequently, by enrolling in a recruiting firm you are not only approaching one company but also opening yourself up to many suitable opportunities. In case you are unsure about the industry you want to work in or the company that is best for you, recruiting agencies can be of great help. Their years of experience and insight can easily help you decide on the industry and companies that are best suited for your talent, skills and dreams.
- Access to top opportunities: Most of the top management or other high profile jobs are not advertised in newspapers or online. Most companies prefer the candidate to come through an experienced recruitment agency. The agencies do the initial screening to match the candidates’ qualification and experience with the requirement of the profile. This way companies meet only eligible candidates with whom they can discuss the opportunity further. Putting your resume in the database of a top recruitment firm will ensure you are able to access these opportunities with ease.
- Negotiation helps after selection: A recruiting agency will work essentially as your representative to the company. Even after the interview or selection process is over, agencies usually help you negotiate a better package and perquisites. As the agencies mostly charge a percentage of the annual salary, a better package for you means better pay out for them as well.
With all these benefits on offer, recruiting agencies are truly essential for your bright future. Search online and get in touch with some of them today.
A recruiting firm or agency’s job is to ensure that qualified candidates or job seekers are matched with the appropriate employers. They serve as an intermediary between the job seekers and the company by making connections which normally would not exist. Job seekers always have the option of going to the companies directly, but in most cases, it is advisable to go through a recruiting agency or firm because they make the whole process easy. As a job seeker looking for a job, it is very important for you to have an understanding of how the recruiting firms work.
This will enable you to have a better perspective of what to expect from them any time that they contact you regarding your services. The first thing you have to keep in mind that this is a sales business venture and not a charity organization, the recruitment agency will aim to make money, and they do this by capitalizing on the work you get contracted to do. This implies that when you apply for a position, they take the margin off the top of it and this essentially makes their profit. While this is the case, they should not be seen as bad people because they always try to make sure both the job seeker and the employer benefit from the arrangement.
There are many different reasons why a company would hire a recruiting firm to assist them in finding prospective candidates. Here is a short list of companies hire recruiting firms and what they do for them.
It saves time and money: A recruiting agency from nationally can handle nearly every part of the hiring process this in turn saves the company both time and money. Some companies are too small to dedicate valuable to filling job vacancies. While others know they don't have the connections or expertise needed to find the type of candidates they want to hire.