Kitchen is the most important corner of a house. It is vital that you must put extra effort in designing it so that it reflects your style and is highly functional. Splashbacks have been in use in kitchens from many years now. They have has grown from simple tiled area to protect the walls from stains and splashes to something that add glamour and style to the entire space. There are various options in splashbacks to choose from.
You must consider the look you want to create, the budget you have, and all the pros and cons before selecting the right one for you house. However, among the many other options available, glass splashbacks have more advantages and are gaining popularity with time.
Why to Choose Glass?
When you are designing your home, you are basically investing in something that will look good and and at the same time will last for a long time. Kitchen is the most vital space of your home and it should be beautiful and functional. Splashbacks play important role behind enhancing the look of the kitchen and protecting the walls from stains. But before installation you must consider certain things like whether it is durable or not, easy to maintain or not and is within your budget or not. The glass splashbacks have gained popularity in recent times due to some benefits they offer. These are the reasons why you must consider choosing them for your home.
- If you are renovating your kitchen or designing a new one, you need to decide on the look you want for the place. For a modern home, you need a modern kitchen and glass splashbacks can help you get that. It can increase the aesthetic appeal of your kitchen giving it ‘out of a magazine’ look. It is safe to say that glass as splashback can help give you a luxurious and sophisticated feel.
- One main reason you need splashback is to keep the walls clean and protected from stains. With glass you not only get a beautiful kitchen but as it is very easy to clean, you don’t have to spend hours to retain the beauty of the space. It is very simple to maintain a glass splashback. All you need is a damp cloth or simple glass cleaner to wipe it clean.
- Splashbacks are placed behind the burner and it is important that they must be heat resistant. The glass splashbacks are resistant to heat and are not damaged by extreme heater.
- Glass can reflect light very well. So, with the use of splashbacks your kitchen gets illuminated. As the room gets lighted, you don’t have to add more lighting system. Also, the glass creates an illusion of space which thereby makes the kitchen look bigger.
- You can get a lot of choices in terms of color and versatility in designing glass splashbacks. You can choose colors to match the cabinets or create a contrast with multicolored glasses. You can always customize the shape and design of the glass as per your need.
- It is very easy to install and replace the glass splashback with the help of experts.
There are different types of splashbacks that you can consider for installation at your home. You can consider stainless steel splashback for industrial and warm look, but it is difficult to maintain it. Laminates are affordable and easy to maintain but are not resistant to heat. Granite is an ideal and sophisticated option but is expensive. You can consider glass splashbacks as it has more pros than cons. With little creativity and knowledge, you can create a beautiful and functional kitchen for your home using glass as splashback.