In today’s modern era, bringing a business online is a dream of many entrepreneurs. So making an online website is the first and the most important step that one can take for a successful business. But guess what! having a website for your business is not the last stop, In-fact it’s just the beginning. To have a successful online business, your website must be SEO-friendly. So for small start-up businesses wanting to bring their business online, It is very important to know What is SEO?
What is Search Engine Optimization?
SEO is a digital marketing term that refers to taking necessary steps to improve the organic ranking of your website in the search results. To know more about digital marketing, you can join the digital marketing institute in Vadodara. An SEO-friendly website is likely to have better online visibility to convert site visitors into customers. Making your website SEO-friendly simply means,
- Using proper keywords for your products/services.
- Having an attractive homepage that is easy to understand.
- Optimizing website structure for better user experience.
- Making your website mobile-friendly.
- Improving website responsiveness.
- Including videos for a better understanding of your products/services.
Though the topic of SEO covers a lot of terminologies, we will shed a lite on some of the most important terms that one should know before heading towards the benefits of an SEO-friendly website.
- SERP: search engine result page is the first page that you see when you search anything on google or your favorite search engine.
- Conversion Rate: Conversion rate is the percentage ratio of the number of people that completes a necessary step on your website to the total number of visitors on your website.
- Bounce Rate: Bounce rate is the percentage of people that immediately leaves your website after landing on it.
- Internal linking: Link that diverts customers to a different page of the same website.
- External links: These are the hyperlinks that goes to different websites.
- On-page SEO: It deals with improving various parts of the website.
- Off-page SEO: It involves getting backlinks from other websites to improve the credibility and trustability of your own website.
Why SEO is A Key to Your Website Success?
Incorporating SEO for building a website can drastically improve your online sales. So, we will go through some of the main reasons why SEO is considered to be the key for the success of any website.
When you search anything on google, it will give you the list of things that relates to that word. This list is in descending order in terms of popularity. This means that the top result will be from the highest-ranked website. That’s why your website should have proper keywords that explains the products/services offered by you. This helps a lot to improve your website’s organic ranking and visibility on the SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
An SEO-friendly website always has a good website structure. Website structure of any website can be improved by incorporating internal linking. For example, when you visit a website that sells shoes, it should have links that go to office shoes, sports shoes, or sneakers within the website only. This is a prime example of internal linking. So, a good website structure helps the visitors to navigate to relevant pages on your website without actually searching for them. Thus, improving the user experience.
One of the most important benefits of incorporating SEO for website building is that you can find the right customers/audience for your business by using relevant keywords. You might get decent traffic even If you are not targeting a relevant keyword while building your website. But the thing is, this traffic might not find the products or services offered by you relevant when they land on the product page. This will make them leave the site and find the product somewhere else. This is a clear path to increasing the bounce rate of your site which has a very negative effect on your website ranking and thus your online business.
When a credible website provides an outbound (external) link that diverts its traffic to your website, the search engine considers it as a vote of trust for your website. Getting links from other websites often happens naturally but you can always develop good relations with equally or more credible sites using Off-page SEO. That’s why incorporating SEO is one of the most effective ways to improve the domain authority of your website.
People naturally have a liking for websites that have a good website structure and provide a better user experience. This makes them spend more time on your website which helps a lot to reduce the bounce rate. A good website structure also helps the visitors to find the relevant products/services that they are looking for.
Thus there are great chances of a visitor making a purchase that would improve the conversion rate of the website.
We have covered some of the major advantages of Incorporating SEO for website building. SEO can help you find the relevant audience for your business to make it successful. It also improves the overall visibility and searchability of your website thereby making your website stand out in the competition. At first glance, the word SEO might sound like an unnecessary burden but performing it when building your website can turn out to be a game-changer for your online business.