Ever had the question Passport Kaise Banaye?
The process of Online passport application in India is sometimes a very hectic and tiring procedure for some people. This leads to frustrations and complaints. In the era of Digital India, portalpassportindia processes have shifted to online application methods, but again, it is very easy for one to be misled by incorrect information.
Passport is an important document and the only internationally accepted proof of origin and nationality makes applicants very skeptical about the possibility of passing details onto the wrong hands while applying online.
To help guide people, here is a step-by-step compilation to apply for a passport online from the official Government website and get it within a short time frame without the interventions of a third party. All you need to do is follow these instructions carefully and you will have your passport ready.
NOTE: The Ministry Of External Affairs has made all the Passport Application processes online. The Government has a webpage for applying for an online passport.
DOCUMENTS YOU WILL NEED:
As of 2020, this is the list of documents to submit.
ADDRESS PROOF: Election card, Bank passbook, Electricity bill, Rent agreement or Aadhar card.
PROOF OF AGE: School leaving certificate, 10th /12th mark sheet, Birth certificate, Driving license, Pan card or Aadhar card.
A passport copy of parents or spouses is helpful in the application.
During renewal, you can refer to the previous passport.
Now that we have the documents ready, let us start the online application process step-by-step.
FIRST STEP: WEBSITE
- The official website for passport application is ‘passport Seva’
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ section
- Register by clicking on the REGISTER NOW when applying for the first time. If you already have an account, proceed to log-in.
- As a first-time applicant, please note down your registration details as you will need it whenever you visit the website.
- Existing applicants, please enter your details as per the time of registration.
SECOND STEP: Passport Application Type
There are different types of passports therefore be clear. The list of passport types is the following. Select any one of these.
- Fresh Passport/ Passport Re-issue
- Diplomatic Passport/ Official Passport.
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Identity Card.
THIRD STEP: Passport Application Form:
Two options are given while filling the form.
- You can fill it online and submit immediately.
- offline filling is also available with upload criteria. Download the form to complete this process.
There is a third category provided for filling it and then submitting it later or partially fill it and save it to continue later.
This is where you will need all your documents for reference. Please make sure to fill in the correct details.
FOURTH STEP: Pay, Schedule and Book an Appointment:
Upon completing the form, you can pay for the passport and book an appointment date at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra office.
Book an appointment by following these steps:
- On the application home page, click on the ‘view saved/Submitted Applications’.
- Click on the ARN of the form
- Select ‘pay and schedule appointment’ option.
- Two payment modes are available, viz. online Payment or Challan Payment.
- Determine the best choice for you.
- If you choose to pay online, you can move ahead to book a date at once.
- The challan payment option will take 2-3 days the challan to be paid to an SBI Branch in cash. Only after this, you book a slot. It is advisable to choose the online payment option.
- Select the nearest Passport Seva Kendra to you and take a convenient time, enter the CAPTCHA code and confirm your appointment.
After completion of the process an appointment number is sent via email. Print the application receipt to carry along.
The application fee for a 36-page passport is Rs 1500
A 60 pages passport is for Rs 2000.
Tatkaal passport fee is Rs. 3500
Rescheduling of appointment is twice a year from the date of the original appointment.
NOTE: NO RESCHEDULING APPOINTMENT FOR MISSING APPOINTMENT DATE.
Doubts are made clear at the passport office.
Passport is made available within 2-3 weeks of police verification.
TO SUM UP:
The process of online passport application is pretty easy, be very clear and precise with your details to avail of a fruitful and hassle-free passport.
Good luck with your online passport application process