Norton Antivirus is one of the best and excellent anti-malware and antivirus software program, which is designed and developed by Symantec Corporation since 1991. Norton works to detect and identify the malware and virus related problems in your device. It helps in protecting your device from various online threats and also comes with the feature of eliminating the Email Spam Contents easily from your device.
Norton Antivirus security is specially designed to protect your computers, tablets, and smartphones against malware, online threats, ransomware, and viruses. Moreover, it includes several layers of defense to help hold and easily block all kinds of online threats that attempt to contaminate your devices.
Well, it comes in multiples versions and always comes forward as extraordinary software. But sometimes, it can be burdened with errors or technical hitches. One of the most common errors that are faced and reported by many users is Norton Error 3048 3.
Are you troubling with Norton Antivirus Error 3048 3? Do you want to fix it using smart tricks? Well, many users have reported this Norton error message usually appears on the screen while they browse the web and appear a message “Norton Error 3048, 3”.
However, these types of Norton error seems to emerge at casual frequencies with any browser, but some other users reported that the error doesn’t occur with every browsing session. Sometimes, the error occurs with the systems that have installed Norton Internet Security on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. It usually occurs on the screen.
In general, Norton Antivirus Error 3048 3 is an error that usually occurs on the screen due to incomplete installation of the Norton Antivirus software and corrupted or crashed the active program window. Mainly, it shows while installing the program, during shutting or starting up the Windows, or occurs when a Symantec-related software program is running in the system. Furthermore, Norton Error 3048 3 is initiated directly from the Symantec LiveUpdate servers where it might face some technical hitches in setting up a connection.
Below we provided detailed information regarding Norton error 3048 3, symptoms, causes, and best troubleshooting steps that will surely help you in resolving these technical glitches.
Symptoms of Norton Antivirus Error 3048 3
Before starting the troubleshooting steps for solving the Norton Error 3048 3, it is significant that you should know the symptoms of the error or how the error occurs in the device. Here are some most common symptoms that you should aware of or which verifies that you are facing Norton Error 3048 3 error on the device.
- Frequently crashing of the active applications
- Runtime errors usually occur without a warning message
- PC crashes all of a sudden
- The device becomes slow and tricky to handle it
- The operating system freezes again and again for a few seconds.
- It shows a message on the screen “Norton Error 3048 3”
- The problem in installation or up-gradation of Norton Antivirus Software
Causes of Norton Error 3048 3
There are various reasons which cause the Norton Antivirus Error Code 3048 3, some of the most common reason could be as follows:
- Due to incomplete installation of Norton Antivirus.
- Error in downloaded setup file or corrupt file.
- When the Windows registry has been corrupted due to some reason.
- Norton or Windows files may have been infected by malware or viruses.
- Accidentally deleted the file of Norton software file which might have caused Norton Security Error 3048 3.
- Corruption in the Windows registry from a recent Norton AntiVirus- related software change.
- It may occur because of memory problems, a bad graphics driver, or virus infection.
- Windows Registry files are missing from the device.
- Some Norton Antivirus software program files may have become corrupted.
Are you troubling to resolve this Norton Error 3048 3 message? This article will try to provide you the best troubleshooting steps that surely help you in resolving the issue. However, we recommend that to get the best results always follow the steps in the same sequence as mentioned in the article.
Doing it in the same way, will help you in fixing the issue in less time. Well, we provide you various methods for solving the issue; use these methods one by one. We assure you that you will get rid off from this Norton Error 3048 3.
Smart Tricks to Fix Norton Antivirus Error 3048 3
Generally, runtime errors may be irritating and persistent for some users, but it is not that impossible, as troubleshooting steps maybe help you in resolving it easily. Here are some best and smartest ways which are the following:
Method-1: Close Conflicting Related Issues
Sometimes, Norton Error 3048 3 might occurs on the screen due to some programs are conflicting with each other. Thus, you instantly have to stop these conflicting programs in your system. For this, follow the below-mentioned steps which are as follows:
1. Press the “Ctrl+Alt+Del” tab altogether to open the “Task Manager”.
2. Now, the system will display the list of programs that are currently running in the system.
3. Next, click on the “Processes” tab.
4. In the Processes tab, by clicking on every program to stop it and highlighting each program
5. After that, click on the “End Process” tab.
6. Now, check that if the error message will reoccur whenever you stop a process.
7. When you get to discover which program is causing the issue or showing Norton Error 3048 3, then you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting steps, i.e. re-installing the application.
Also Read - https://www.pcsupremo.com/blog/norton-error-3048-3/
Method-2: Re-Install or Update Conflicting Programs
Start following the troubleshooting steps using “Control Panel”
For Windows 7 Users
1. Press the “Start” tab.
2. Click on the “Control Panel” option to open it on the screen.
3. Now, press the “Un-install” tab to uninstall a conflicting program.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Firstly, click on the “Start” tab.
2. After that, scroll down the Windows screen and press the “More Settings” tab.
3. Now, press the “Control Panel” button.
4. Finally, click on the “Un-Install” button to uninstall a conflicting program from the system.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Initially, click on the “Search Box”
2. Under the “Search Box” type “Control Panel” and press the “Enter” key.
3. After that, click on the “Result” page.
4. Finally, press the “Un-Install” tab to un-install a conflicting program from the system.
After following the aforementioned step, you reached inside the “Programs and Features” page. Follow the steps carefully to complete the process.
1. Press the “Problem Program” option.
2. Once done, click on the “Update or Un-Install” tab.
v In case, if users are selecting the “Update” option, then they will have to follow the prompt to finish the process.
v Vor if select “Un-Install” option, then they will need to follow the prompt to uninstall. After that, re-download or use the application’s installation disk to again install the program.
Using Other Methods For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on the “Start” tab.
2. Now, scroll down the mouse over the list appears on the screen.
3. After that, an “Installed” program list will display on the screen.
4. You may seem the list utility for uninstalling the program.
5. Click on the “Un-Install” tab to uninstall the program using utilities available in this tab.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Firstly, click on the “Start” tab to launch the options.
2. From the displayed options, choose and click on the “Settings” tab.
3. After tab, select the “Applications” that you want to uninstall.
4. Now, you need to scroll down the screen to check the list of applications and features installed in the computer system.
5. Click on the program causing the Norton Error 3048 3.
6. Finally, choose to uninstall the apps by clicking on the “Advanced” options to reset the application.
Method-3 Update the Virus Protection Program or Download and Install Latest Windows Update
Many times a cause behind this runtime Norton Error 3048 3 is Virus Infection or Malware attacks on the computer system. In this case, you must instantly be stopped or deleted the apps. Moreover, ensure that you update your virus program and also run a scan of your computer system or sometimes, run Windows Update will works effectively and help you in fixing the issue.
Method-4 Run Disk Cleanup
Sometimes, many users may experience this runtime Norton Error 3048 3 because of very low free space on the computer system which can easily be troubleshot by following the below-mentioned steps which are as follows:
- One should have to consider backing up the file and need to free up space on their hard drive.
- Also, clear the caches and restart the computer system.
- Or, run the “Disk Cleanup”, for this you need to follow a few steps
v Click to open the “Internet Explorer Window” and right-click on the “Main Directory” i.e. “C Drive”.
v After that, click on the “Properties” option.
v Finally, press the “Disk Cleanup” tab to clean up the disk and free up some space in the disk.
After following the aforementioned methods, we assure you that you will get the solution and able to fix the Norton Antivirus Error 3048 3 easily.