What do you understand by the term hair transplant?
- A hair transplant is a procedure in which a surgeon transplants the hair to bald and thin parts of the scalp. This is a procedure in which the hairs are taken from the back of the head or hairs.
- A hair transplant is a good option for hair harmony and you, then using different types of cosmetic products. Because cosmetic products are not much effective as compared to the surgery.
- So, make a plan for surgery, if you want to get rid of hair fall problems.
How many types of hair transplant surgery are there?
There are usually two types of hair transplant surgery. Let’s discuss both of them:
- Follicular unit transplantation:
- First of all your surgeon will prepare anesthesia for you. So, the part going through surgery gets numb.
- After that he/she will sterilize all the articles or instruments to be needed during the surgery. If you are scared of surgeries you can ask your doctor to give an injection for sleep.
- Now, the surgery begins. Your surgeon will take a strip of hair from the back of your scalp. Therefore, the hairs going for transplantation are known as donor’s hairs.
- After this step, the surgeon cuts the strip in 1000’s of small grafts and each graft carries 1 to 2 hair. Then the grafts are transplanted to the bald or thin areas of the scalp.
- Then the incised area is covered with stitches, followed by the bandage. This is how FUT hair transplant surgery is done.
- Follicular unit extraction:
- The first two steps are the same as the FUT surgery but the further procedure is different.
- The third step followed by the surgeon is that he/she shaves your hair on the back of the scalp. And then make tiny holes on the bald or thin areas.
- After this step, the shaved hair is incised to the transplantation area. As soon as the surgeon transplants the hair, they cover your head with stitches and bandage.
- This is how the Follicular unit extraction takes place. After the surgery doctor prescribes you some medicines and aftercare tips. So, that no side effects or complications and therefore, is good for hair harmony and you.
Have you ever wondered why so many people have longer or thicker hairs? Or why some people go grey in the ’20s? If you are finding answers to such questions, then you are that the right place. With the help of this article, you will get to know some interesting facts about hairs after hair transplant. Let’s have a look to know:
- FACT 1:
After the hair transplant surgery, the hair color turns to grey. This is because when melanin (pigment cells) stops working the hair turns grey. Therefore, stress and aging cause hair bulb to slower or cease melanin production.
- FACT 2:
According to the study, an average person can have 100,000 follicles on their head. But redheads tend to have fewer follicles i.e., 90,000 follicles. Whereas blondes have 130,000 hair follicles.
- FACT 3:
Some so many people start losing their hair but do not realize it until and unless they lose 50% of their hair. Therefore, this is the only time when people seek second transplant surgery. This is a problem that occurs in only 5 % of cases.
- FACT 4:
Hair follicles are having a capacity of growing so many hairs over the lifetime. But after the hair transplant, the growth rate of hair decrease to 80%. After a hair transplant, the hair grows in three cycles. These cycles are known as Anagen, Catagen, and Telogen.
- FACT 5:
The results of FUE looks very much natural. As because in FUE the hair are transplanted directly, that’s why the growth looks natural. Therefore, FUE is one of most successful transplantation surgery.
- FACT 6:
Some people think that hair transplant give immediate results. But the fact is that a period of 3-4 months is there to make the growth proper. Hence, it takes up to 9-10 months to make the hair growth look natural.
- FACT 7:
Some people think that the hair transplanted will fall off someday. But the exact fact is that the hair transplanted will grow till a lifetime.
- FACT 8:
After hair transplant surgery extraordinary hair care is very much important, this is according to the people. But surgeons say that it is not much important to do extraordinary hair care. Only proper medications and few tips of hair care can help in making the transplanted hair look natural.
These are the eight important facts that you should go through, before having surgery done.
To learn more about hair transplant surgery, you can contact your surgeon.