It’s a dream of a yoga aspirant to successfully complete a yoga teacher training in India in order to evolve into a skilled yoga teacher in India. Many are fortunate to learn and get trained under the eminent yoga figures from across the globe during the YTTC journey.
As you emerge into a celebrated yoga instructor in India, you are entrusted not only with the task of teaching yoga science in an authentic manner but to hold conduct of righteousness and heart of goodness.
“Education without ethics & values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a clever devil.”
1. Innate Passion, Love, and Honor for the Science: “By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others.” Good yoga teachers embody the essence of this famous saying. Within their hearts, the yoga teachers behold immense love, passion, and respect for the science of yoga, which led them to the path of discovery, learning, practicing, and inspiring oneself and others about yoga. Undergo a yoga teacher training in India to become a yoga teacher in India only when in your heart, you hold love and passion for the science.
2. Balanced Teachings: The science of yoga is both a theoretical and practical art. Only by striking a perfect balance between these two aspects you can truly master the art of yoga. The great yoga instructors duly acknowledge this fact. They edify the students with the best of both the worlds for overall development and transformation of an individual from a student to a yoga instructor in India. Additionally, the yoga teacher instills in students the yoga values, ethics, and morals allowing them to embrace a virtuous personality throughout.
3. Intellectual Authority: Energy, communication, and motivation are the biggest strengths of a yoga teacher. A good yoga teacher in India takes on the class with confidence and positive energy that sets the tone of the class. Next, yoga teachers make use of communication to bind the class. The right usage of language and Sanskrit words for explaining the result in better understanding, clarity of concepts, and maximum attention: Lastly, a good yoga teacher inspires the students throughout the journey with his experience and lessons.
4. Compassion and Kindness: Apart from the teachings, the teachers should have compassion and kindness to teach the students of yoga teacher training in India. By teaching with an attitude of gratitude and assisting the students from a place of the heart, teachers guide the students to act with compassion and kindness. As you become a yoga instructor in India, imbibe and manifest the same when contacting with others.
5. A Spellbinding Aura: A Yoga teacher must walk into the room with an indescribable warmth, calm, and authenticity. They should bring to the class a spellbinding aura, which is hard to escape. The intelligent play of the words, the ability to enjoy and hold silence confidently, the grace, everything translates into a well-conducted class.
6. Versatility and Presence: Good teachers acknowledge the importance of versatility while conducting a yoga class. In order to ensure maximum engagement, they add variety and mold yoga practices according to the varying needs of the students. Also, good yoga teachers are fully present in the class. They exhibit a presence that is natural and effortless.
7. The Never-Give up Attitude: As a yoga practitioner or a yoga teacher, there isn’t everything that you have explored the science of yoga. It’s an everlasting process of learning and making others learn. So, good yoga teachers never cease their personal practice. They explore, understand, and practice each day for refinement, new discoveries, and bliss.
A yoga teacher is a guiding light and a figure of knowledge. By exhibiting these virtues, make your class a sacred space to practice.