A central heating system is an essential mechanism that allows heating of the entire building from a single point. It is convenient to use and, therefore, the most commonly chosen type of heating system. From one central point, heat can be transferred to multiple rooms, thus the name central heating systems.
If you are in Glasgow, you may already know that several types of heating systems are available in town, and it sometimes gets confusing which one will suit you best at your property. Various commercial and residential facilities may have different needs and infrastructure. Hence, it is better to have a good understanding of heating systems before you go for an upgrade or a new installation.
In this post, we will discuss various available types of central heating systems and the overall process of central heating installation in Glasgow:
Types of Central Heating Systems
If you check online, you will find that almost all websites and articles give different names for the types of central heating systems. The name of the same type of heating system may be different on different websites, which only adds to the confusion about finding the right type of heating system for your facility.
Here are the most common types of central heating systems, to help you understand better about them:
- Gas Central Heaters- These heaters are the most commonly used type of central heating system. It uses natural gas to heat the water, which is then moved to different rooms using pipes. The heat from the water is then transmitted to the atmosphere of the room with the help of radiators. People more commonly choose gas heaters because they are highly cost-efficient. Gas costs less than other fuel options, and therefore gas heaters save a lot of money over the long run.
- Electric Heaters- Electric Central Heaters or electric storage heaters are similar to gas heaters, but it uses electricity instead of gas. Electric heaters are more efficient than gas heaters. They offer 100% efficiency in heating whereas gas provides 96%, but gas is cheaper than electricity, making gas heaters more preferable than electric heaters.
- Warm Air Systems- Warm air heating systems are older now and not much common today. They were once used widely, but now only a handful of old properties may be still using warm air heating systems. Instead of heating water, a warm air system takes the cold air from the surroundings, heats it up, and then takes it to different parts of a house. Though highly efficient, this system is now considered outdated, and you may find it difficult to find installation and repair services for this type of heaters.
- Other Variations- Based on the position and inclusion of various components, heating systems may be classified into various other types such as conventional central heating, combination boiler systems, and pressure systems. These types mainly define how the water is moved within the heating system.
A conventional central heating system uses gravity for the movement of heated water, a combination boiler system doesn’t store water and directly heats it on demand, whereas a pressure system uses pressure for the movement of water.
Which Type is the Best?
Well, there can be numerous arguments on which type is the best because all the heating systems are quite efficient in generating heat. However, when considered with cost-efficiency in mind, a gas central heating system beats all other types by a huge margin. Gas is way cheaper than other fuels, and therefore it would be the best choice for an average home in Glasgow.
However, the best choice type of water movement and installation mechanism would change according to the requirements. Different types of residential and commercial facilities may have distinct needs, and based on that, the decision of which type of mechanism suits best has to be taken.
Professional Services and Installation Process
Therefore, consulting trusted, and experienced professional service providers is extremely important. The professionals can determine the best solution based on your needs and property specifics. The professional installation process begins by selecting the type of suitable heating system for you. The experts will then lay out a map on how the system will be installed, and then based on that map, the installation process will be carried out.
The general process of installation can be classified into the following steps,
- Selecting the type of heating systems
- Radiator installation
- Connecting the Radiators to the boiler and faucets
- Boiler installation
- Control system installation, and finally
- Activation of heat pump
From the above discussion, we can determine that professional installation is extremely important to avoid any unwanted heating system circumstances. Heating systems involve many components and properties that have to be understood well, and the heating system has to be assembled with perfection to achieve the best results.
So, if you are looking for central heating installation in Glasgow, contact one of the best service providers in your area and allow the professionals to handle the job.