Congratulations, finally, you have found the right apartment for you. Yes, getting a dream apartment is one of the biggest dreams that we have and now your that dream has become a reality. So, you are ready to move to your first apartment. Right? But worried about what to bring with you. Moving is one of the most complicated processes that require both of your time as well as money especially when you are moving for the first time. Don’t worry, we have come up with the moving checklist guide so you can live smoothly in your first apartment.
1. Kitchen basics
Setting your kitchen is the biggest deal when it comes to settling in a new home. If you do not pay attention to little details then your move can become more hassle and panic. Make sure you collect all the items in a drawer that you need frequently like a melon baller or garlic press.
Some kitchen essentials you should take with you are:
- Pans: Frypans ( size as per your needs), small and large pots, Dutch oven
- Coffee mugs
- Wine glasses
- Drinking glasses
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Toaster oven
- Cleaning supplies for kitchen
- Dish towels and so on…
If you want to buy a bed then buy it once you reach there. Of course, you will also need quality mattresses with the bed to have a better quality of sleep. While you can save your money on other furnishings of the bedroom but you should not compromise on the quality of bed and mattresses.
- Closet organizers such as shoe racks, hangers and so on
- Pillows (Also get pillow covers to increase the life of the pillows)
- Have at least two sets of sheets because you have to wash one after using it so at that time you can use the other one, even you should have more than two-bed sheets
If your apartment has a shared bathroom then you should keep personal toiletries in your bedroom while if it is personal then you can keep these into your bathroom as well. While you should pay attention to it that doesn’t buy many toiletries else keeping your bathroom organized can become a big hassle for you.
- Water cup
- Toothbrush holder
- Rug for your bathroom and other toiletries as per your personal needs
Essential furniture items for your home
Your furniture items will decide the vision of your home, therefore, you have to decide the right furniture items for your home to make it look like exactly what you want it to be. However, considering your bank balance, sometimes you have to compromise a little about it. But some of the essentials that you should have are:
Some essential furniture items:
- Sofa set: Sofa set is most important in your living room. Just like a bed, a sofa is something that you must have in your home.
- Dining table (A place to eat): If you are not able to buy that traditional dining table, make sure you have at least a coffee table so you can sit comfortably, can have lunch while watching TV in your living room.
Décor and other items to give the feel of the home to it
To give a final touch of home to your apartment, it is important to add some décor items and other furnishings to it. Have a look at these items:
- Artwork: It would not give you a feel of the home until there is no artwork present in your home. While it is recommended you do not spend a lot on the artworks as small canvas paintings can add a charm to your home.
- Lighting: The more the lighting you have in your home, the better it will look like therefore spending on lighting is a wise option.
- Curtains: If your apartment has basic blinds then adding curtains to your home can give a feel of home to it. It will add color and brightness to your home.
Apart from these, things like pillows, area rugs, blankets are some of the items that you should add in your first apartment checklist. Make sure you collect all these items so you can have a good living there in your first dream apartment.