Small homes and living spaces are the trends these days in Bangalore. People have begun to see the charm and ease of living in smaller spaces, as they are cozy, convenient, inexpensive, easy to maintain, and offer you a space that truly belongs to you.
Decorating small spaces, however, can be a challenge. People want to fit a lot of items, ideas, and styles into one space, but the whole idea is to avoid cramping. Ideally, small spaces need to reflect the owner’s personality without cramping up space. Home interiors in Bangalore call for sleek (modern interiors for such spaces) to ensure it serves its greatest aesthetic and functional purpose.
How to Decorate Small Spaces Well?
Whether you’re moving into your first studio apartment or have chosen a simpler existence, you don’t have to settle for anything that doesn’t match your style. You can use the following tips and ideas to create modern home interiors in Bangalore:
1. Wall Mounting: One can save an enormous amount of space by simply mounting items on a wall. Items like TVs, mirrors, decorative items, and so on can easily be mounted on a wall which saves a lot of space. Getting rid of extra accessories and furniture like desserts, tables, and large TV units help make the space look tidy and minimal.
2. Folding Furniture: Try looking out for furniture that folds, like desks, dinner tables, coffee, and other folding furniture. This way, these items won’t permanently be attached to one spot of the house, clearing up space for when it’s not in use. You can bring them out when you need them and tuck them away in storage spaces or even under the bed when you don’t.
3. Mirrors to Make Your Space Look Larger: If you don't have a lot of natural light, using mirrors to reflect it across the room will help you make the best of what you do have. Mirrors can also help to make a room appear larger by giving the impression of a few extra square feet. Consider using a big mirror to line a wall or building a gallery wall of various sizes and shapes. A gallery wall can add aesthetic value to the design as well, creating a lush look for your space.
4. Go Soft on the Colours: Dark and cold colors can seem ethereal, but they make rooms appear smaller. As a result, they're better suited to big, exotic spaces. If you live in a small apartment, choose neutral colors for the walls, upholstery, and furniture. This will give your home a more fresh and airy appearance and make it seem less stuffy.
5. Incorporate Storage Wisely: In your small home, there might not be enough room to build a designated storage unit. As a consequence, you must be resourceful and incorporate storage spaces whenever possible. Look for furniture with storage compartments below it. You can also craftily convert each stair into a drawer if you have a flight of staircases. Beds with built-in storage are another easy way to add extra storage to your space. It can be used to store extra pillows, quilts, bedsheets, and other items. Look for such imaginative designs to make the most of your home's available space.
6. Use Vertical Space: Many people overlook the usable vertical space and leave it vacant. Make use of the space between the ceilings and the edges of your furniture. Starting with custom-made long cupboards and shelves is a good step. This will make more storage/decorating space available.
7. Selecting the Right Rug: In terms of size, a rug is the one thing you don't want to cut back on. A small rug will make space feel even smaller. Choose a floor mat or carpet that is wide enough to accommodate almost all of the furniture, or go wall-to-wall.
8. Experiment with scale: In a small apartment, there's no need to use miniature furniture and decor. The trick is to choose a few statement pieces that will attract attention. Regular-size pieces and large-scale artwork can be used as per your preference, but use fewer pieces to create a spacious design.
These useful tips can help you create the perfect interior design for your small space, making it cozy and stylish. Home Interiors in Bangalore are presented in many different styles and ranges, and consulting a professional can help you pick the best designs for your home!