Invisalign clear aligners have gained popularity as a viable option for straightening your teeth over some time. If you have given a choice, what would you prefer traditional braces or Invisalign braces? Well, the choice lies with the wearer and the opinion of the dentist.
Nowadays invisible teeth braces are quite popular. The oldest and best known invisible clear aligner product is Invisalign. This article will help you understand what you should know about Invisalign and how effective it can be?
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the brand name of a product type used in orthodontic treatment. It is the type of thin clear aligner which is made from a flexible thermoplastic material. This product is designed considering what all enhancements can be incorporated into metal braces for better results.
Though Invisalign aligners may not be fully visible. These have clear coverings that fit properly over your teeth and are less noticeable as compare to traditional braces.
Dental issues Invisalign can correct:
Invisalign can be used for a variety of purposes, including crowding and spacing issues, as well as some mild and moderate bite issues. It is used to treat the following dental issues.
- Moderate open bite, overbite, underbite and crossbite issues
- Spacing issues or gaps between teeth
- crowded teeth
The process involved with wearing Invisalign:
After consultation, a Full mouth X-ray along with lateral cephalogram is taken. It helps in orthodontic diagnosis by enabling the study of skeletal, dental and soft tissue structures of craniofacial regions.
Impressions of upper and lower jaws are taken to make 3-D study models which help in studying the teeth arrangement from all directions. Extraoral and intraoral photographs are taken for record-keeping. These are compared with similar photographs taken during or after the treatment.
Lastly, your dentist will help you choose the best treatment plan for you. This 3-D study model is referred to create a plan for your misplaced or crowded teeth. A series of customized aligners are made by using this plan.
These aligners function by applying pressure on your teeth. It will gradually pull and move them into the desired places. The time of replacing one set of aligners with a new set is instructed by the orthodontist. It is usually once every week or two.
Effectiveness of these aligners:
The effectiveness of Invisalign teeth braces depends upon various factors. Such as:
- the period you wear aligners,
- the amount of force that the aligners put in
- and the level of alignment your teeth needs.
- The teeth movement also depends on the age of the wearer.
Though, the research on its effectiveness is limited. For Invisalign to work effectively, it’s crucial to wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day. Better guidance is provided by the orthodontist as per their expert opinion. TheDentalRoots is one of the leading dental clinics in the Delhi NCR region with an expert dentist team on board.
However, as per some available research results, Invisalign seems to be more effective than other types of invisible teeth braces. Also, the newer versions are coming up with enhanced effectiveness as they are improving the amount of force that aligners put upon the wearer’s teeth. You are required to remove the aligners while:
- brushing or flossing your teeth
- cleaning your aligners
It is advisable not to use hot water for cleaning your aligners. It warps the plastic that can affect the fit, progress and effectiveness of the Invisalign aligners. It is also advisable to wear retainers post-treatment. Retainers make sure that your teeth will not move back into their old positions.
Pros and Cons of Invisalign:
To help you decide whether Invisalign is the right choice for you, let’s know the pros and cons of this treatment option.
Pros of Invisalign:
- These Invisalign clear aligners are less noticeable than the traditional wires and brackets of braces.
- If needed, you can physically remove the aligner from your mouth.
- After removing the aligner, you can easily brush and floss your teeth without working around wires and brackets.
- Invisalign aligners avoid the problem of wire brokerage.
Cons of Invisalign:
- For more complex orthodontist issues, Invisalign might not be the right option for you.
- To get the best outcomes from Invisalign, you must wear the aligners 20 to 22 hours a day.
- You are required to remove the aligners while eating or drinking. If you don’t, food or drink can be stuck into them, inviting bacteria to grow along with your teeth, which could lead to cavities.
- You may experience tooth soreness once the aligners are removed. It can limit your food choices.
If you have any dental issue history like cavities, discolouration of teeth, gingivitis (gum diseases), make sure you don’t miss your dental appointment.If you’re looking for dental hospitals in South Delhi, TheDentalRoots is one of the best dental clinics in South Delhi having the best dentist team on board.
To know more about Invisalign teeth braces visit TheDentalRoots.