One of the significant considerable markets for development within the field of technology nowadays is Artificial intelligence. In fact, AI is speedily allowing us to make vital changes to various fields within the domain of technology. We are not unfamiliar with the idea that there is still room for improvement in the field of help desk using this technology. AI-Help Desk software is almost used in every business to manage a variety of distinct types of work. It helps to answer customer-related queries as well as an employee's concerns. Hence, a solution for sorting, answering to, and collecting results from each individual who raised the doubt ticket. The main concern is to increase its accuracy and dependability to satisfy the customer's needs. This could be done by the introduction of AI technology in the help desk, which could help the business achieving new heights soon.
Various Ways in which AI is helping the help desk
Over the next three to five years, Artificial perception will become essential for all kinds of support or operations. IT self-service is not a new concept. But nowadays, it is becoming much more advanced, with chatbots and intelligent search guidance assisting users in the right direction. It is anticipated that AI will be used to help IT support teams in various ways, such as predictive analytics for demand planning, incident management, and workflow up-gradation. Due to this reason, various companies are keen to get AI help-desk software to upgrade their systems.
Some of the ways by which AI is assisting the help desk are-
1. Request an incident prioritization and routing
AI is also providing customized prioritization, categorization, and service request tickets. AI has not replaced the human operator yet, as humans have the ability to use their authority to make a better decision. Instead, human operators are provided with AI assistance to work in a faster and efficient manner.
2. Chatbots and virtual support agents
One department where AI is sophisticated is in providing an automated 24x7 first-ever communication chatbot for users. This means every time there will be “someone” present at the help desk, even when there is no person available.
IT departments are interested in making use of AI chatbots. However, some chatbots can take user help. Virtual Support Agents are a kind of virtual assistant that provides capabilities customized particularly to IT support in an IT service administration. Unlike virtual assistants and typical chatbots, which require to be tailor-made, VSAs are automated with ITSM processes, which can perform procedural functions such as taking action in place of the business customers like reset passwords, carry out changes to restore IT services, deploy software and many more.
3. Knowledge curation
AI-assistance knowledge management is another new emergence in help-desk products. This comprises an intelligent search function that is not dependent on explicit keywords but also interprets content and meaning. It recommends response based on customer needs. AI also provides smart autoresponders that give the response to end-user emails with suitable solutions. AI intelligent tools also assist IT, support agents, as well. AI-driven knowledge curation can help not just end-users, but IT support agents as well. Various advanced ITSM tools make use of known errors, problems, changes, previous and current incidents to recommend suitable data to IT service help- desk agents.
Concerns and Challenges
• The major challenge AI is facing right now is support and training. For a system to work efficiently, it takes a prolonged time to train a system and even more time to assist it.
• An AI system needs to have categorized and clean data for learning. Luckily, a lot of companies have prior knowledge bases and improving their ability to reach out and utilizing online help resources along with the intramural comprehension base.
• The adoption of new technologies requires the change in management skills that we have developed over the previous decades. Probably, the major concern associated with AI and the help desk is the possible loss of IT support jobs. Mostly, people who communicate with IT support prefer to deal with people rather than virtual support agents or chatbots.
• It is also affecting the people’s skills, staff morale, and capabilities of people who are working on help desks.
• It might even influence end-user contentment with the human support staff, as they will be trading with the more complicated matter that could take time to solve, in comparison to bot-handled requests that are solved immediately.
Nowadays, most corporations are interested in adopting AI to satisfy manager user identity and access, software requests, and execute natural-language querying of subsisting knowledge bases.
AI is advancing as a significant factor in IT strategies, including the help desk and other IT support functions. Eventually, those organizations which have adapted AI earlier will have sufficient time to focus on providing stunning customer service and other complex work.