Data Science is no more a buzzword. It is way businesses work in the present world. While there is a science to it the aspiring professionals from any background can become data scientist.
Yes, you read that right.
All you need is passion for reskilling, upskilling, and ready to learn everything from beginning.
But how do you do that?
By doing data science. It is important to understand that data science is all about doing. The more you practice, the more skilled you will become, which in turn will make you an apple of recruiters’ eyes.
To bridge the gap between the demand and the supply of skilled data science professionals, it becomes essential to know what organizations want in their prospective data science professionals.
In the present world, organizations while hiring for the role of data scientists, look beyond the degrees, educational background, and academic achievements. They are looking for skills, and how well will you be able to adapt in the dynamic environment.
Businesses over the time have realized the importance of not only skilled data science professionals but also data science strategy. A skilled (read certified) data science professional will be able to articulate a clear data science strategy that will aid in overall growth of the organization. `
So how do you keep yourself abreast with the latest skills, knowledge, tools, and various other aspects of data science?
There are certain skills you need to master, the constant reskilling, and upskilling can only happen through data science certifications. But before we have a look at the top six data science certifications for aspiring professionals, let’s have a look at some of the data science skills you will need to learn and master.
These are the top data science skills that you need to master in 2022
- Building data pipelines along with writing SQL queries is one of the skills you will need to master in 2022.
- Feature Engineering or data wrangling is another data science skill you would need to master
- Knowledge of GitHub and Git
- Strong communication skills also known as storytelling
- Knowledge about how to build predictive models
- In-depth knowledge of Explanatory models
- Statistical testing also known as A/B testing
- Clustering algorithms
These are some of the skills you need to know to become a data scientist. However, along with these skills you will also need data science certifications from reputed institutes. Below we have chosen six top data science certifications from the world-class institutes.
Top 6 data science certifications:
- SAS Certified Data Scientist: The curriculum designed by SAS academy teaches applicants about all the basics one may need to enter the field of data science field. The program teaches applicants topics ranging from SAS programing skills, how to use SAS, data management and manipulation, introductory statistics, visual exploration of data, and techniques to increase the quality of data along with many other topics. The program also equips applicants on how they can learn to recognize challenges, which may arise when they handle big data in the real world. They will also learn the methods to not only access big data but also manipulate and transform it.
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate: The data science program offered by IBM is ideal for beginners. The program helps beginners in comprehending the basic data science concepts, along with the various roles and responsibilities. It also teaches the applicants the best possible and suitable approaches to solve problems related to data science. In addition, it also teaches how one can fluently use data science tools like RStudio IDE, IBM cloud, as well as Jupyter notebooks. But this is not enough, the applicants will also learn the skills that will aid not only in building the models but also test and train them.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate: For those keen on mastering the Azure software or are already working on it and want to gain further expertise in it, this is the best suited certification program for you. The program Microsoft Certified Azure Data Scientist Associate not only measures your skills in designing but also in implementation of the software. One of the best advantages of the program is that it is for the entry level professionals, so you will gain understanding of the basic concepts. The program is ideal for data scientists, as it mainly focuses on the learnings related to the use of Azure machine learning service. In other words, the focus is not only mastering the skills but also
What makes the course ideal for data scientists is that it is mainly based upon learning how to use the Azure machine learning service, and it is something that is based learned with hands-on experience.
- USDSI - Certified Senior Data Scientist (CSDS™): The Data Science program by United States Data Science Institute is designed for the present-day leaders in the field of data science. The program aims in developing the right skillsets along with the capability to comprehend the scenarios of the business for an organization that is healthy for growth. The program boosts your technical skills and knowledge along with the right strategic thought process to grow and thrive in the organization. For those seeking a senior role in the field of data science, the USDSI’s Certified Senior Data Scientist is an ideal qualification, as it boasts of latest curriculum that is aimed at developing Senior Data Scientist who is future ready.
- USDSI - Certified Lead Data Scientist: Accelerate your journey to become a progressive data scientist with USDSI’s Certified Lead Data Scientist (CLDS™). The program is one of the most effective cross-platform certification programs for data science professionals who seek challenging and impactful roles as data architects and data scientists. A CLDS™ certified professional will be able to develop not only state-of-the-art data science designs but will also be able to manage end-to-end project as well.
As CLDS™ certified professional you will also be able to showcase your ability, talent, and potential to handle any complex task in the field of data science.
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP) Data Engineer: The Cloudera Certified Professional Data Engineer program is best for you if you want to master data science skills and test your expertise as well. According to the website, professionals who want to earn a CCP certificate should have a heavy experience in data engineering along with top-level mastery of basic data science skills.
Each of these certification programs come with an expiry date, so you need to renew or go for an upgraded version of the same.
We hope with these certification programs, you will now be able to choose the right certification program that is best suited for your needs.