Salsa is a delicious and popular dip worldwide. Salsa oozes a flavour that relishes fresh spices with tangy tomatoes in a way which lures your taste buds. What many people may not know is that along with its delicious taste, salsa also has a lot of health benefits. Here is a list of the top 7 health benefits of incorporating your diet with salsa in Australia.
- A source of Vitamin C- Salsa essentially consists of tomatoes and limes, which are rich sources of vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential for maintaining one’s immune system as well as keeping the skin soft and fresh. With constant consumption of Salsa, you are additionally supplementing your body with the benefits of vitamin C.
- Keeps a check on cholesterol- Salsa is a cholesterol-free condiment that aids in keeping a check on your cholesterol. Cholesterol is unhealthy for the heart, which means regularly eating salsa is a good way to help keep your heart fit and healthy.
- Aids in burning that extra chunk of fat- Consuming salsa can aid in fat loss. One of the main ingredients is jalapeno, which contain a component called capsaicin. Capsaicin triggers certain hormones in the body that aids in weight loss.
- Promotes in body hydration- Salsa contains ingredients which are filled with water. For example, tomatoes contain almost 95% of water which ultimately goes into the body. Water is a very essential component for our body since the functioning of each and every cell is dependent on it. In terms of hydration, a hydrated body promotes healthy skin.
- Control blood Sugar- Salsa is constituted with plant type ingredients, which are a rich source of fibre. Since fibre helps to control sugar levels, salsa is a perfect dip for those who have diabetes, as it will add spice and flavour without increasing insulin levels.
- Good Source of Potassium- Salsa is a good source of potassium which is essential for regulating the fluids in our body. It also helps to maintain the mineral balance and since not many foods have potassium, salsa can be a good alternative.
- Cleanses the body- Salsa contains a good percentage of quercetin, which is an antioxidant. Naturally, it aids in cleansing the body. Quercetin also has anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties.
Salsa is truly a great dip and with these health benefits, it should definitely be in your shopping basket the next time you go food shopping. Riverina Grove have salsas, relishes and tapenades that are not only healthy but are irresistibly delicious as well! Perfect as a side dish, a dip for when guests are over or even just eaten straight out of the jar, their salsas are an instant hit for any occasion.
When looking for high-quality, healthy and tasty salsa in Australia, head to Riverina Grove and taste the difference today. Visit their website to browser their extensive selection of healthy food products for more information.