Most of the organizations prefer to work with Google Drive as it expands the ability to store files beyond the limits of the hard drive. Additionally, it is a reliable cloud storage service provided by Google. Sometimes, the user needs to transfer files from Google Drive to another account due to multiple reasons. The reasons behind this migration can vary from one person to another as everyone has his/her own set of requirements. Now, the question arises, how one can move files from Google Drive to another account. To make it effortless for the users, we are going to introduce different tricks to transfer files between Google Drive accounts.
Techniques to Transfer Files From Google Drive to Another Account
In this segment, we are going to explain a different way to move files from Google Drive to another account.
Trick 1: Move Google Drive Data via Sharing Method
1. First of all, navigate to primary Google Account and locate data you need to sent another Google account
2. Next, you have to right-click on the files and select the Share option
3. After that, enter the username of your secondary Google account
4. Now, click on the Advanced option and change the permission to Is Owner under Sharing Setting
5. Click on the Send button and log into your secondary Google Drive account by entering the credentials
6. Next, you need to click on Shared with me to locate the shared folder
7. You can now easily make a copy of files inside it and then move them into a new folder
8. At last, you just have to right-click on each file and select Make a copy option
9. Just rename the files and transfer them into a new folder
Trick 2: Transfer Files Between Google Drive Accounts via Downloading & Uploading
1. First, you need to open a primary account and then locate the files/folder which you want to move from Google Drive to another account
2. Gather all the files and move them into a new folder and name it Export. This folder will appear in the directory. After that, you will be able to download all the files at once
3. Next, you have to download the Export folder and then right-click on it. You will see the Download option
4. Click on the Download, the Google Server will compress the files into a single zip file. After the completion of the download process, unzip the files and extract all the data from it
5. Finally, open another account to keep all the unzipped files. On the home pages, click on the + icon and upload files/folders to the destination Google Drive account.
Trick 3: Transfer Files From Google Drive to Another Account via Google Takeout
1. Open Browser > Sign-In into your Gmail account
2. Next, open Google Takeout in a new tab. You will see the Download your data page
3. After that select the data you want to transfer in the Select Data to Include section and click on the Next button
4. Next, you have to choose the file type in which you want to export Gmail data. In the File Type option, select ZIP or TGZ option as per requirements
5. Under the Delivery Method option, select Send download via email/Add to Dropbox/Add to OneDrive/Add to Drive option according to your choice
6. Now, click on the Create Archive button, you will see a new page with the status of the backup process
7. After that, you will see two options: Create another archive and Manage Archive on the same page. Here, you need to select Manage Archive option
8. At last, just click on the Download button to download all the data associated with Google Drive account
9. Finally, open the destination Google Drive account and upload data into the new account
Still, Not Able to Transfer Files From Google Drive to Another Account?
Do not worry, most of the user get stuck while implementing the manual approach to move files from Google Drive to another account. In some scenarios, the users also face catastrophic situations such as data loss, improper formatting of data, etc., while working with manual method. Thus, to eliminate all the complex situations it is recommended to opt for an automated and safe approach i.e. Google Drive Migrator.
With software, the user can easily transfer files from Google Drive to another account in a hassle-free way. The software is integrated with robust features which makes easy for the user to carry out the migration process. Some of the beneficial features associated with the software are:
- One can move files like images, videos, doc files, etc. from Google Drive to another account.
- The software is capable to maintain the on-drive folder hierarchy even after the migration.
- The user also implements date filter option for selective migration according to date range.
- Allows to transfer permissions associated with files and folder to another Google Drive
- One can control Google Drive to Google Drive transfer process via Pause/Resume option
- Generates migration report with all details related to the migration process
- Supports Windows 10/8.1/8 and all the below versions
Google Drive is one of the most commonly used cloud storage services by numerous organizations and users. Sometimes, due to multiple reasons, the user needs to transfer files from Google Drive to another account. Thus, in this blog, we have introduced different ways to move files from one Google Drive to another account. To carry out the migration process, without any data or security breach, it is suggested to opt for an automated approach.