Sometimes in the busy lifestyle you don’t get time to look after your car well! Well, the reasons (or shall we say excuses?) may be many. Yes, we all have super packed schedules. And it rarely leaves us with any energy or time at the end of the day. Or perhaps you have a second car that you rarely drive, but since it is a possession of yours, you should maintain it too! Or you may have inherited a vintage car from your grandfather – but the treasure has been simply gracing the garage!
Whatever the reason maybe, but your car can simply give up if you ignore to maintain it on a regular basis. A timely intervention and attention would save you a lot of time and attention later (not to mention expenses). And it’s really not recommended to use a car that has not been maintained well – well, your safety is not a matter that should be taken lightly. Your car needs a proper session of cleaning up and servicing before going for a drive. And this often is a time-consuming procedure.
How to Clean Up and Rejuvenate Your Car Overnight
Yes! Though putting an ignored vehicle to life again can be a tiresome and time-consuming job, it is not impossible to do the same overnight if you are eager to zoom away with it the next day! Let’s see how you can do the magic to your car!
- Car Roof Repair — A sagging car roof car liner can be seen in most of the unkempt cars. These can be really dangerous as they may suddenly give up during a sudden brake or during speeding traffic movement. It may also lead to debris falling in the car, which can lead to sudden accidents too. Not to mention the ill-effect on the air inside the car! Thus, when you bring out an old car, better ensure car roof lining repair in Sydney by Sydney Car Roof Linings, who take it as their responsibility to repair your sagging car roof lining, and renewing it — and they even manage to do so within the least possible time.
- Pressure Washing — A car that’s been parked at a secluded garage or in a parking lot somewhere gathers lots of dust and dirt on them. These can turn sticky if you haven’t cleaned for too long. Therefore, just a regular car wash wouldn’t make such a dirty car sparklingly clean. Pressure washing these cars can lead to removal of the acquired tough dirt and stains, and even removes rust and chipping old paint from the car. Even the dull glasses start to glisten as they get the treatment of controlled water pressure.
- Cleaning or Changing of Floor Mats — Even the inside of the car may turn unbearably stinky and dirty if unattended for long. The biggest cause of this stink can be dirty floor mats. (You may have not cleaned the same after the last ride you went in the car) This often leads to a formation of fungal growths later on them too. You can either take them out and clean, or pressure wash them, or replace them with a new one.
- Upholstery Cleaning or Changing— If your car upholstery had been of leather, it may have worn out in due time and would have started stinking badly too. If it’s in good condition, you can clean the same through car vacuum cleaners (or use special leather conditioners), or get it replaced entirely if it has worn out. Even if your upholstery had been of any other material, it would probably be needing replacement after being unused for so long.
- Engine Oiling — A car’s engine gets jammed up if it has been off work for long. This prevents the car from starting; or even if it does, the engine roars loudly or would need a manual push to start. An oiling session of the engine is mandatory before you start the car.
- Changing of Glass Sheets — If you had glass sheets on your car glasses, these would have turned totally foggy and stained in due time. In some cases they even peel off naturally. You just couldn’t make your car look new without changing them.
- Get the Tyres Aired — Most of the times the cars that had been unused has tyres that may need a generous pump of air. You can get the tyre pressure checked and get it aired or simply change the tyres for better convenience. Never travel in a car that has faulty tyres, as this can often lead to even tyre blasting — which can be a disaster!
Apart from these, you should also check the brake oil, double check the swiftness (and smoothness) of the steering and the clutches, get the car aired by installing a good car air freshener, check the batteries, air conditioner, etc. All these, if attended properly by an expert, don’t require much time or expenses! Yet, by following these simple but important steps, you can get your ignored car look new and working fabulously in no time!