A crate is very useful to ship many different types of products and also make the transportation of products easier. There are many different types of crates and every crate has their set of pros and cons. They can also be simplified by dividing them into three main groups like plastic, wooden and metal crates. They have many different applications like dedicated fruits and vegetable crates or for storing chemicals, etc.
Crates tend to be quite strong and can be implemented in several industries. The strength and durability depends on the type of the crate as does the cost. A large number of shipping companies make use of crates since they are convenient to use and also very strong.
Types of Crates
- Injection moulded crates: Injection moulded crates is an innovative method of producing plastic crates and it has several benefits over many other types of crates. The manufacturing process of such crates is highly efficient and also more reliable. A majority of the fruit and vegetable crates are usually of this kind; it also has several other applications.
- Foldable plastic Crates: This type of crate is good space savers since they easily fold into a sheet for storage when not in use. It is useful for lightweight packaging to store or transport and optimal for delivery.
- Plastic standard Crates: It is useful for storage & transportation of goods for many different industries including FMCG, logistics, Pharma, Retail, and more. It is optimal for lightweight, chemical, moisture-resistant packaging needs.
- Open wooden Crates: This is a lightweight & affordable packaging solution. These are stackable crates that are optimal for the transport of cotton, hay, polythene, etc. It is useful in the agricultural and food industry.
Pros & Cons of Crates
- Injection moulded crates: There are many advantages of using this type of crate, one of the major advantages is that it is fully recyclable. It is available in many different shapes and colours too. It is made from food-grade material and also meets the FDA food regulations. This is one of the most perfect crates for storage & transportation purpose. These can be produced quickly, efficiently and are environmentally friendly. It is very strong and the material is also highly flexible.
- Plastic Crates: The foldable and standard plastic crates are easy to customize, of good quality and made from high-density polyethene. It is also quite strong, reusable as well as chemical & moisture resistant. The fact that it is lightweight & affordable is also in its favour. However, it needs to be handled with care and thus cannot be used in places that involve rough handling of goods, additionally; it has low resistance to high temperature as well.
- Open wooden Crates: Wooden crate can be used for multipurpose packaging and transporting. This type of packaging is easy to stack and highly durable. The items also remain protected besides which it is also highly affordable. These crates can be reused and are also highly customizable. They have good ventilation and the weight is evenly distributed when they are stacked. They are highly secure and non-toxic too. On the other hand, if the wooden crates are not treated or maintained well they will be infected with fungi and bacteria. It is essential to maintain these crates by either painting them or other types of chemical treatment.
Thus, there are many different types of crates, but all are not suitable for multiple uses. For example, those seeking pallets to export, it is the optimal choice. These are optimal for the storage & transportation of such food items and are also available in many different shapes & sizes. This type of crate is also eco-friendly and suitable for various applications like ice-cream, dairy products, agricultural produce, food & beverages, chemicals, textiles, pharmaceutical products and more.