Replacing your older windows with new Canadian windows is an easy and trusted way of refreshing your home and adding an instant curb appeal. However, most homeowners find it confusing when it comes to selecting the right type of window style to use. This is due to the fact that there are many styles in the market nowadays.
Beyond enhancing curb appeal, different kinds of windows provide different features such as privacy, safety, and ventilation. Whether you aim to create a drastic statement or bring out a more modern ambiance, there will always be Canadian windows to suit your specific needs. Take a look here.
- Double Hung Windows.This is a common option for most homeowners in Canada. They are identified by their two operable sashes, that can either be lowered, raised or both. These window designs can be customised to fit any interior. You can never go wrong if you choose double hung Canadian windows.
- Casement Windows.These windows designs are hinged at the sides of the frame. You decide the side you want them to open. That implies you can open them beside each other and operate them just like French doors. Since you operate them with a crank, they are ideal to use in hard-to-reach areas.
- Sliding Windows.Add a vibe and contemporary touch to your house with beautiful sliding Canadian windows. These styles of windows open horizontally. They are common for countertops and an excellent way to allow in fresh air into your space.
Like double hung windows, you decide the amount of ventilation you need by controlling the sashes. They are effortless to maintain hence appropriate for rec and dens. They look resemble double hung windows, so it is daunting sometimes to differentiate them. Choose them when you need an unobstructed view of the yard.
- Awning Windows.Some spaces in your home don’t need large windows. Besides, sometimes you wish you could open your windows and see the rain as it falls, but you cannot because water will enter into your room. Of that is the case, then you have an answer; awning windows. These styles of windows are hinged from the top and are opened from the bottom to the top. This offers you excellent ventilation while still keeping out weather elements. They also offer you an unobstructed view of the outside and also are small to ensure your privacy is guaranteed. They mostly used in basements, bathrooms, and kitchens where there is dire need of light and ventilation.
- Picture Windows.We have to have homes that are more inviting and brighter. Since they feature no operating elements, these windows offer the most visibility compared to any other window style. They give an illusion of a bigger space.
- Bay and Bow Windows.They are kind of windows that protrude from the walls of your home.