In spite of n number of benefits that yoga aids in, there are people who still do not rely on the same. Instead, they need validation from science on how yoga can help you physically. Researches are already going and a few of them have backed the physical benefits of yoga.
To explore the same go through the following article:
- Acts as a back pain reliever: Back pain is so common that it has turned chronic in many cases. Since yoga relieves back pain, enough studies have been done to prove the same. A study printed in the journal spine said that patients suffering from back pain were asked to practice yoga for 90 minutes twice a week for 24 weeks. It was observed that their pain was reduced by 56%. Moreover, after six months of the research, 68% of the patients were still practicing yoga as they were experiencing overall health benefits. Yoga teacher training in Nepal confirms that practicing yoga not only relieves you from back pain but also cures other chronic pains in the body.
- Reduces the arthritis pain: The pain caused during arthritis makes it difficult for the sufferer to move. Whereas, practicing yoga strengthens the muscles around the joints and enhances their range of motion. This was verified by a study in 2014 conducted on 36 women suffering from knee osteoarthritis. The group was asked to practice yoga for 60 minutes twice a day for 8 weeks. The results showed that women experienced a reduction in pain by 38% and stiffness in the joints lessened by 35%.
- Cures insomnia: Anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, and obesity lead to poor sleep quality or no sleep at all. With regular yoga practice, one can cure insomnia. A study was conducted in 2005 on a group of people suffering lymphoma. Half of the group was asked to practice yoga and others had to live the normal routine. The research proved that people who practiced yoga were falling asleep faster, they were experiencing decreased sleeping disturbances. Moreover, they didn’t have to rely on their sleeping pills as compared to the group who didn’t practice yoga. This is because yoga reduced the level of stress and improved the secretion of melatonin responsible for sleep and wakefulness.
- Improves flexibility and balance: Many yogis have been supporting the fact that yoga improves balance as well as develops or enhances flexibility in the body. In 2013, a study was conducted on 26 male athletes where they had to practice yoga for 10 weeks religiously. It was found that results were better as compared to the athletes who weren’t practicing yoga. Another recent study was conducted on a group of elderly people who were given a choice to either practice yoga or calisthenics for a year. The results were surprising as the people practicing yoga had flexibility four times than that of people who chose calisthenics.
- Betters cardiovascular health: According to yoga teacher training in Nepal, yoga helps in maintaining cardiovascular health by managing blood pressure, stress, cholesterol, etc. A study was conducted on 113 patients with heart diseases. They were asked to practice yoga and sustain a balanced lifestyle. The results proved that yoga reduced the production of bad as well as overall cholesterol by 49%. Besides, 47% of patients showed no progress in their heart diseases.
To benefit yourself more, enroll for a yoga teacher training program. If you are unaware of the ABC’s of yoga you may begin with a yoga retreat. It will help in bringing out the yogi in you. You can choose for a yoga retreat in Nepal, India, Bali, etc.