If window replacement has been on your mind for the past while, then there is a good chance that you've been looking around for window companies in Edmonton to help you out with that. Windows play a huge part in a home. They are the first thing that people notice when they are walking up to your front door. If your windows are all fogged up, cracked, and falling apart, then that isn't going to make the best first impression. On the other hand, if you have huge floor-to-ceiling windows on one side of your home and a nice bow window on the other side, then that will make a lasting and positive impression.
Windows can be seen as the eyes of a home, and everyone always loves to have a good set of eyes. Windows also play a huge role in the energy efficiency of a home. No one wants to be getting home after a long day of work to a cold and drafty house that has them running over to the thermostat the second they get in the door. Windows are also extremely important in mobile homes, and there are a number of things that you should know about them if you currently reside in one.
Mobile Home Windows
When it comes to windows in a mobile home, there are a variety of things to keep an eye on to make sure they are doing their job.
If you're starting to notice foggy windows, that means that moisture is starting to seep between the window panes. It also means that the window seals are compromised. This issue isn't something that typically occurs right after installing windows, but it can if the windows weren't installed correctly.
If you're contacting window companies in Edmonton, there is a good chance that the majority of them will tell you to get the windows replaced. A repair solution for this type of problem is few and far between, and you'll spend a tremendous amount of time looking around for a window technician that is able to repair an issue like this.
Cold And Drafty Windows
Another symptom of deteriorating windows is that you're beginning to notice cold and drafty air pouring into your home. As a result of this, you'll have to be cranking your furnace up just to make up for it. This can wreak havoc on your energy bills from month to month. In certain cases, you might be able to repair this issue if the problem is caused by damaged weatherstripping on your windows. You might be able to apply some caulk and seal things up again. If you're starting to notice water damage, then you might have to think about replacing your windows.
Damage To Your Windows
Windows don't last forever, and no window is immune from accidents. Maybe your kids were playing baseball one day and one of them accidentally hit the ball too hard and it shattered your window. Or maybe you were mowing the grass and a rock flew up and cracked your window. Either way, you'll have to consider contacting window companies in Edmonton to address the issue.
If you have old single-pane windows, then that alone is a reason why you'll want to consider getting new windows installed. There are a variety of benefits to new windows:
- Better energy efficiency in your home
- More privacy
- Less noise pollution from outside
- Increased security
How To Pick Windows For Your Mobile Home
Figuring out what windows to go with for your mobile home can be a little frustrating because there are so many things to keep in mind. There are a couple of things you'll want to ask yourself when you're in the process of deciding on new windows:
- How much do you move around in your mobile home?
- What part of the mobile home needs the new windows?
- Do you want a lot of surface coverage for your windows?
- How much money are you wanting to spend on the new windows?
Each window option available comes with a bunch of advantages and disadvantages.
Casement windows are a common type of window that will protrude outward from a home. Some of the advantages of casement windows are:
- Good airflow
- Modern aesthetic appeal
- They can be used as egress windows
Some of the disadvantages of casement windows are:
- They might get in the way of people walking outside if they protrude out from the house
- You might have to move certain things on the outside of your home to ensure they don't get in the way
Awning windows are another effective option to consider.
- A good degree of airflow into the home
- They have a modern look
- You can leave them open even if it's raining out
- With outward swinging panels, you'll have to clean them from the outside of the home
- Panels that swing outwards might come in contact with objects outside the home
There are single-hung windows and double-hung windows.
- You won't have a problem with outdoor objects coming in contact with them
- They don't add horizontal width to your mobile home
- They are easy to clean
- You can't open the panels completely
- Not much airflow in comparison to the other options
Sliding windows operate along a track.
- They don't get in the way of objects outside your home
- You can easily walk past them without running into them
- You can clean them easily
- Because they don't completely open, you don't get a ton of airflow
Bay windows consist of a number of panels that are beside each other.
- They provide a lot of natural light into the home
- They increase the aesthetic appeal of a home
- They make the wide of the mobile home larger
- They aren't the easiest windows to install
- They are expensive
Installing new windows on your mobile home can be an exciting task that will have it looking much better. You’ll be able to enjoy the increased amount of natural light flowing into it, and won’t always be worrying about the increased energy bill at the end of the month.