It is seen that around 75% of people searching on the internet don’t go past the 1st page of Google search results and the reality is that if you don’t rank in the top 10 results on Google for your target keywords, then it is as good as being invisible. There are many techniques and strategies that you can follow to ensure that your website or page ranks higher on a Google search.
By following good SEO strategies, you can ensure that your site has greater visibility and achieve a higher ranking. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the top SEO best practices that can help you get higher search rankings. But before that, you need to understand what an SEO campaign is.
What Is an SEO Campaign?
An SEO campaign is essentially a planned effort to ensure that your website or webpage is optimized to improve its Google rankings. An SEO campaign involves long-term planning and strategy, which includes various components such as keyword research, SEO analysis, web audit, buying backlinks, on-page optimization, etc. to improve the search engine rankings.
SEO campaigns help to boost traffic to your site, help your site rank for specific keywords that are relevant to your business, improve the conversion rate, etc. and the best part is that SEO is a cost-effective marketing solution.
Creating a Successful SEO Campaign
As discussed earlier, SEO is the main component of any digital marketing effort and helps to boost the website’s search rankings, increases its visibility and get more leads for the business by focusing on search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. An effective SEO campaign can include:
This is all about finding the right keywords related to your website, products/services and customers. You need to sort and prioritize the keywords in logical groups to create better and effective website content.
You can make use of keyword research tools to see what keywords your competitors are using. Keyword research also involves gathering possible search terms and variations relevant to your website, products/services, content and target customers.
This is an important aspect of running a successful SEO campaign and you must understand what users are searching for and why. The idea is to use the appropriate keywords and use them effectively.
Make sure that the keywords are well researched and accurate and at the same time include meaningful external and internal links. You need to also optimize various on-page ranking factors such as page title tags, URL, meta descriptions and images and their alt tags.
Creating backlinks or link building is an important step and helps to attract inbound links from authoritative sources to your website. The important thing is to consider the relevance of the topic of the linking site to your own website, how the anchor text is being used, the freshness of the link, how many links on the website link to yours, etc.
It may be difficult to get organic backlinks and it is better to include the process into your social media and content creation strategies. Another way to ensure that you get organic backlinks is to create blog posts that are read and shared widely by people. Some other methods of getting backlinks include:
• Checking and repairing backlinks that are broken
• Creating infographics with embedded codes that get backlinks
• Guest blog posts
• Promoting your content
It is important that after creating an SEO campaign that you monitor it so that you’re able to improve it the next time around. Some ways to measure your SEO effectiveness include:
• CTR (Click Through Rate): Measures the number of people who visit your website from a search page result. The CTR essentially shows the attention your site is getting on a SERP (search engine results page).
• Organic Traffic: This essentially is a measure of the number of visitors to your website via an organic search and the numbers will increase with the usage of the right keywords and the creation of good content.
• Keyword Rankings: This shows how your keywords rank against your competitors.
• Bounce Rate: This shows the number of visitors leaving your page without engaging with it.
• Page Load Speed: This is an important factor because if your page loads very slowly, visitors will leave the page before it completes loading.
• Site Authority: Google determines your site authority by the backlink profile.
• New Backlinks: The backlinks that you get from unique domains are important indicators of how your website is doing.
Creating an effective SEO campaign requires insight, patience, good SEO tools and the use of the proper methodology. With the right SEO tools on hand, you can ensure that your SEO strategy is a complete success.