Things to consider while designing a Cold Storage Room
Many factors are studied while designing a cold storage room.
- Check the insulation thickness on the wall, such as a deep-freezing needs thickly layered insulation.
- Another important aspect is the insulation value of the wall.
- Don’t forget to install a door frame heater in the deep freeze rooms; it will help the door not to freeze shut.
- You need to install an underfloor heating system in deep freeze rooms and cold storage having a room temperature under 0oC so that no ice gets build up beneath the floor.
- Care should be taken to watch out air exchange in appropriation to the room.
- Ventilation should equalize pressure between cold storage and the surrounding air. If not done, it may create a vacuum that may collapse the walls and ceiling.
- If the cold room is frequently accessed, then you must use a strip curtain or an airlock to minimize air exchange.
- A cold storage room that holds a
volume of more than 103
After understanding the consideration part, you might now be interested to find out what are the different types of cool room equipment.
- Remote Refrigeration Systems
A Remote refrigeration system comprises of
- A condenser unit
- An evaporator unit
- Other parts like the dryer, site glass, expansion valve and pump down solenoid thermostat.
A condenser is installed outside of the building or plant unit, while an evaporator unit is placed inside the refrigerator. A condenser prevents in generating additional heat inside the cold storage room.
- A heavy duty-frame enclosure fitting in the compressors.
- It transports the coolant from the condenser to the compressor.
- The Condensing unit releases its heat outside with the help of the condensate line.
- Standard Top Mount Refrigeration Systems
These systems are of use in small-medium-sized restaurants or convenience stores. They are optimized to hold a low temperature for hours together.
- All-in-one freezing systems.
- Evaporator and condenser togetherness form a single unit.
- It has the most storage space.
- The collected air gets released vertically.
- Penthouse Refrigeration Systems
It is exemplary storage for small rooms as it provides the most usable space by placing the units on the roof, and not in the cold room. Though such refrigeration system can cost you more initially, in the long run, it may prove reasonable. It is because it provides benefits of increased storage space and facilitation of quick maintenance.
- The cooling evaporators and fan systems are set rooftop.
- It bars liquid loss to the machine as it gets along a condensate evaporator.
- Saddle Mount Refrigeration System
These systems are hung along the wall. A slot cut on the top allows the bracket to go by the wall before the roof installation. A Saddle mount refrigeration system does not compulsorily require an authorized technician for installation.
- It is fully pee-assembled on a support that is seated on the top of wall panels.
- A condensate line is connected to the customized refrigeration system.
The above information might have given you a fair idea about the cold room equipment. You can gain more knowledge about the machinery by visiting a cold room expert.
After installing the machinery, on your part, it’s the maintenance and regular check that remains a must for its longevity.