If you are not sure about what you should look for in a website builder then this article is going to help you out with that. Finding and choosing the right website building software is crucial because you will be investing your time, money, and effort in it. Once you are aware of the requirements, you will easily be able to make a perfect choice.
Features Available In A Website Builder
You need to know the features that are available in a website building software so that you can then begin to search for the website builder that suits your needs. Listed below are some essential features(however not all website building software tools might have these features):
- The website building software allows you to make a mobile-responsive website. Some of the website builders have this already embedded. However, some others might require you to redesign your website so it can be viewed properly via the mobile.
A website builder enables you to make a mobile-responsive website.
- The website builder provides you with a range of themes that you can choose from. However, the type of themes should be ideal and matching for your business so that you can create the right website. The builder enables you to customize your website with ease.
- The website building software allows you to create forms easily. Depending on the type of website you want to create, the form builder must be easy to use. You can use forms for registration, email subscription programs and so on.
- The website builder comes with e-commerce capabilities. For example, some software tools allow you to integrate with other cart systems, while others have their own which you can use directly on your website.
- Website builders often come with the ability to let you edit the images that you display on your website. They also usually allow you to make basic adjustments to the images so that you can display them in different ways on your website.
- A website builder lets visitors of your websites to check your social media pages. It allows you to add social media links on your website. You can even use these for sharing the content on your website.
Many website builders allow you to understand everything regarding your business through reports and analytics. They help you analyze what is working and what is not which allows you to make changes accordingly.
Factors To Consider Before You Invest
Before you invest in a website builder, here are some of the major factors that you should consider.
- The most important factor is the usability of a website builder. It should be easy for you to use even if you do not have a coding background.
A website builder should be easy to use.
- You should pick versatile software that supports various browsers and operating systems. Whether someone is browsing your website from a mobile or is accessing from Safari, they should be able to have a consistent experience.
- Since the number of mobile phone users who access the Internet via their phone has increased tremendously, you could invest in a website builder that comes with a mobile editor which is highly convenient to use.
- You want to be in control of how you build your website which is why you should have various flexible options to customize your website. You should have the ability to customize as much as you wish and this should be applicable to the forms that you create.
- A website builder should be able to deal with the increase in your requirements for bandwidth as the visitors to your website increase. It should provide the ability to host a website with ease even for someone who’s not technically adept.
- You should have the liberty to display your products as you wish on your website. It must also allow adding of advanced features such as computing taxes, shipping rates, and the like.
- Integration is a very important part of a website builder. You should be able to easily integrate with a payment processor and other systems without any hassles.
Shopify is one of the best website builders in the market right now and it caters to newbies as well as experts. You get over 70 beautiful themes, easy customization options and you get complete control over your website. Shopify provides you with unlimited web hosting, level 1 PCI compliance, built-in analytics, social network integration, and free SSL certificate. It enables you to add checkout in various languages and handles payments without a third-party. If you are looking for a website builder that is hassle-free then Shopify should be your first choice.