Unified communications is a business concept that includes the combination of different communication services such as instant messaging, file sharing, voice calls, web & video conferencing, and many other communication services. Unified communication solutions merge the different communication channels within a business.
Unified communications will allow the user to send a message through one medium and access it through a different medium. For example, Unified communications will empower you to make calls through your computer or mobile using your office number to give you a unified experience.
BENEFITS OF UNIFIED SOLUTIONS
1. IT OFFERS MOBILITY: You can work from anywhere and at any time as you are not bound to the office to receive phone calls or files about your work, with unified communications solutions you can receive all the data through your mail or any other communication utility.
2. INCREASES PRODUCTIVITY: With unified communications, the field workforce has many communication options which help them to coordinate their work and increase their productivity. It also helps the onsite staff to work remotely from time to time.
3. EXPANDS THE BUSINESS: Since in unified communications, the data is stored in the cloud, there is no need to worry about the scale of expansion regarding the communication devices. The communication devices can be expanded on a large scale without adding much expense to the business.
4. INCREASED EFFICIENCY: Through unified communications, several communication channels are brought under a single platform. This makes it easier for users to access information and it will reduce the complications. It saves time and increases the level of productivity.
5. COST EFFECTIVE: All the communication mediums are brought under a single platform in unified communications. Therefore, you do not need setups for different communication mediums, which will save costs and will improve the efficiency of the business.
6. CUSTOMIZATION: The unified communication solutions can be customized according to the needs of the business. If the business needs a wide scope of communication, the unified communications can be altered according to the specifications of the business.
7. SECURITY: It is important to ensure that the information passed within the organization and to the third parties is protected and safe. It may harm the business if some vital information is leaked, which is why security must be one of the top concerns of a communication channel.
Unified communications come with measures to identify potential threats to the business. Unified communications applications encrypt the information passed through a network and ensures the safety of the same.
8. LESS ADMINISTRATION: The communication lines have been centralized due to the use of unified communications. This means there is a reduced need for technical staff, accounts managers, and overall administration.
9. BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE: If a customer contacts your business, they will usually want to converse with a particular person or a department to address their queries. The customer would expect a response with the minimum waiting time. This can be done easily through unified communications.
Even if the employee is away from work, he can still be available to the customers by redirecting the customer to his mobile. This is done with the help of unified communications.
10. ENHANCED USER EXPERIENCE: A good unified communications system will delight the employees and provide them with satisfaction as they can work as they please. This will reduce employee turnover and increase productivity.
By understanding the above-mentioned benefits, it is clear that unified communications solutions make a business better and help the business to improve its efficiency and productivity. Due to this, unified communications are deemed important in today’s world.