If you ensure that your vehicle is properly maintained, then you will be able to enjoy driving it for a longer time. When you purchase a vehicle you would get some log book service, if applicable, to keep a record of all of the servicing that is done along with repairs. Not only that, with the logbook service, you can also maintain your vehicle according to the manufacturer’s guidelines and you will get the highest resale value of your car by showing this logbook. Even when you sell your car in future, the new owner need to show the logbook for name transfer and this is an essential document for vehicle registration. So you should choose an authorized service centre that can provide logbook service with their stamp.
What are the advantages of log book service?
You will be able to enjoy log book service at any mechanic that you choose, but they should stamp on your logbook after servicing. Here are more reasons to use this to maintain your vehicle, including:
- Deals – The best part about using the log book service is that you can look at what work needs to be done and when it needs to be completed. You can maintain a track record of your car and you can find the next servicing schedule on your logbook. So there is no chance to miss out any servicing schedule and you can easily maintain your car with all safety measurements.
- Freedom to choose – Just because you were given the information by the dealership that sold you the vehicle doesn’t mean that is the only place that your work can be done. You can take your vehicle to any mechanic and they will be able to undertake any of the work that is recommended without any issues. But the mechanic should be recognized by the automobile company and they must maintain the manufacturer’s as well as insurance norms.
- Warranty – Also, if your vehicle has a warranty you will be able to get the work done without voiding it. If the mechanics break the warranty norms then you would not be able to claim it in future. So they must maintain the all the norms of the insurance company.
- History – If you are keeping track of when and where the services have taken place, then logbook service is a good thing. You will be able to look back and see how often items needed to be replaced or where the work was done if there was a problem.
- Resell value – Also, if you have the records that you did all of the required work on time in the log book service, then you will be able to sell the vehicle at highest value.
Services provided by logbook service stations:
Another thing that you should know when it comes to log book service is what is covered. Some of the work that is covered includes:
- Engine tuning
- Oil changes
- Differential oil and gear checks
- Compression checks
- Spark plug replacement
- Air filter replacement
- Setting of ignition timing
- Checking of emission levels
- Road test
- Checking and adjusting of brakes
- Fuel filter replacement
- Fuel lines inspection
- Flushing of brake system
- Inspection and repacking of wheel bearings
You need to make sure that you know why you need to use the log book service to track all work that is done on your vehicle. Not only will it ensure that the vehicle lasts longer, but you will also be able to keep the warranty valid and have a higher resell value due to the detailed history.