If you are thinking of more ways on how to improve the quality of your house, have you thought about window treatments? Do you browse home and décor magazines from time to time, and yearn for a home just like the one featured in top magazines? A beautiful set of curtains might add value and beauty to your interior design, but it is still kind of the old boring way to put some motif.
A great way to spur some character in your home is by installing window shutters. Unlike blinds, window shutters look good at any style of home décor. But it is not solely for beauty alone; they have practical uses, too! You get to choose from great styles such as plastic window shutters, French window shutters, window plantation shutters, or bay window shutters. Wide ranges of sizes, finishes, and mounting options are also available in the market for you to choose from.
The Great Things About Having Shutters
Shutters fit in any room in your home. Window shutters add elegance and beauty. You can darken out the room fully or open the shutters halfway to let in as much light as you desire. You can also tilt it for optimal levels. There is also this opportunity to customize it accordingly to fit your interior home designs. It comes with hundreds of colors and finishes. Opting for wood shutters, for example, adds a considerable visual appearance of warmth and welcome.
● Protection and Privacy
Shutters offer protection against UV light. Sunlight can fade and bleach your home’s furniture, so it is best to open and close window shutters usefully. You can also simply shut the shutters if you are having an afternoon nap since it shields you from the light in the outside environment. Keeping your shutters close also offers excellent noise reduction.
Shutters are effective in cutting down air conditioning costs. You can keep it open to keep your room fresh and ventilated during the summer months. Similarly, shutters also keep the place insulated and warm in winter months. It blocks the cold air from outside while at the same time, reduces your cost of heating. Shutters also do a brilliant job of letting natural light in your room, lowering the lighting cost in your home.
● Low Maintenance
It is easy to maintain window shutters. You can use a soft clean cloth to wipe the dirt or a small broom to dust it. Make sure you test out abrasive cleaners first on hidden sections to prevent damage to its finish and composition.
Essential Things to Remember When You Decide to Have Window Shutters
- Decide what type of shutters you want for your room space – full-height or half-height.
- Consider the level of privacy and protection you would love before deciding. Choices in tilt control vary from standard, no control, and split to invisible tilt control. No control rod provides a clean and contemporary look. You can also opt for a split tilt; this feature allows you to tilt independently in multiple zones of the panel. Some even offer a motor tilt for hard to reach windows.
- Choose the right colour that matches your interior design. Some companies offer free samples to ensure you pick the right match and avoid surprises when shutters arrive.
- Cost vs. Quality. The worst thing that could happen is investing in a low-quality shutter because of a lower price.
- It is always best to know the specifics about the construction and the material compositions they use before buying it. Standard materials are ABS/Poly Resin, Hardwoods, Basswood, and Phoenix wood.
Shutters are smart investments as it protects your family from the outside environment and leaves you with a peace of mind. Unlike traditional window treatments, it offers advanced features. You can tilt it up or down to left and right while keeping privacy still in place.