Sometimes, you might notice black water running through your faucets in the bathroom and in the sinks. There is nothing to worry about as this is a general problem that many people face from time to time. You just need to know some basic techniques to deal with this problem.
There are lots of DIY ideas on how you deal with this problem but, this, at times, might also be a plumbing problem. The burst of black water from faucet is the most common problem if we don’t check our water supply system for a long period of time.
Listed below are some of the common causes of black water from the faucets, and solutions to deal with this problem.
Causes of black water from faucet
- Rust that gets accumulated in the pipes:
If you have a water distribution system made of iron pipes, then this is one of the most common causes. The rust starts forming on the iron pipes which, in turn, oxidizes with water, making the water dirty orange or sometimes black. Iron pipes are prone to rust. So, if you face this problem make sure to call the plumber and change the pipes.
- Mold and mildew growth
Mold and mildew growth is also one of the reasons for the burst of black water from faucet. These grow mostly when the surrounding environment has a heavy moisture content. So, if your pipes are leaky, then it is sure that you will face this problem. Using mold-mixed water from such pipes for consumption is also injurious to health. So, make sure you check all the leakages to avoid this problem
- Deposition of minerals
Manganese, iron, and magnesium are the most common minerals that start forming up on the pipeline. When these minerals get oxidized with water, it results in black water flowing from your faucet. To get rid of this problem, you can add a water filtration system or a water softener system.
- Sediments building up in the water tank
This can also be one of the reasons why there is black water coming out of sink faucet. When sediments start building up in the water tank, this results in black water to flow from the faucets because of the dust particles. You can clean your tank once in a while to avoid this problem.
- Faulty water softener
It is good to have a water softener as it helps to improve the quality of water. But sometimes a faulty water softener is the main reason why the black water runs through your faucet. The appliance usually comes with black resin beads and if the beads break down it leads to black water along with other problems. The only solution is to change the appliance.
How to fix black water coming out of faucet
Now, as we know the causes for the black water coming out of your faucet, we also need to know the solutions to fix it. So, listed below are a few fixes that you can try on your own or call a plumber if needed.
- If you have doubts that mold or mildew might be the cause of black water from your faucets, then you need to call your plumber as soon as you can.
- Sometimes due to excess minerals that get deposited, it also changes the color of the water. To get rid of this problem, the simple solution is to install the water filtration system or the water softener.
- When sediments and dirt start getting collected on the water tank, make sure to clean your water tank once in a while to avoid this problem.
- If you think water softener is the reason, then you need to change the water softener because breaking down of the black resin beads in the water softener leads to this problem.
- As mentioned above, rusty pipes are also the reason for the black coming out of your faucet, the only solution for this problem is to change the rusty pipes.