If quarantine and lockdowns did not turn you into a home chef, I do not know what will. We have all tried our hands on savories and delicacies alike (especially brownies). Doing it all from scratch every time is not possible so we resort to a box-mix every now and then. Do you also feel that there is something missing from your box-mix brownies that could make them taste more like the brownies you buy from bakeries? Fret not! I might just have the solution for how to make box brownies taste better as if they are from a bakery or homebaked.
Tips on how to make box brownies taste like a bakery:
- Adding Espresso Powder: Most of us do not know that adding just 2 teaspoons of coffee/espresso powder to your brownie batter can add another dimension to your brownies and it would not taste like coffee. The espresso powder makes the chocolate flavor richer.
- Adding More Chocolate: Why would you even question this decision? Add either melted chocolate or more cocoa powder to your boxed brownie batter to make them taste more chocolatey because why not?!
- Make them Crunchy: Rich nuts like almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, peanuts, etc add an extra layer of texture to your brownies and make them stand out as something that was brought fresh from a bakery.
- Add Eggs: You might wonder why but adding eggs to your boxed brownie batter not only makes them taste better but eggs act as a leavening agent making your brownies soft and chewy.
- Using extracts: Using vanilla extract is a common practice when baking something but have you ever tried using extracts of other flavors like peppermint for your baked deliciousness? Making boxed brownies, I suggest using extracts like Bourbon or peppermint to give your brownies that expensive touch.
Some of us may have oversold our capabilities of baking to our close ones and are we fretting on how to quickly whip up that best batch of brownies with minimal efforts but still make sure they taste as if homebaked? Of course! But you can stop worrying because I got tips on how to make box brownies taste better as if they are homebaked.
Tips on how to make box brownies taste homemade:
If you want great tips on how to make box brownies taste homemade then follow these simple steps -
- Using Milk: Even though the box says to use lukewarm water, I suggest using milk instead because it will make your boxed brownie batter richer and give it that homemade touch you are looking for.
- Use butter instead of oil: These little tweaks from the box instructions go a long way in making your boxed brownies taste homemade. The melted butter helps richen the chocolate flavor present in the brownies.
- Add your own touch: Do not shy from trying out new flavors or things when you are baking your boxed brownies. You can add more chocolate to make them more chocolatey or add nuts like macadamias, walnuts, etc to give them that extra texture.
- Using artificial flavors or extracts: Using vanilla extract is a common practice when baking something but have you ever tried using extracts of other flavors like peppermint, bourbon, etc for your baked deliciousness? No one’s going to know that they are not homebaked.
- Under Baking: The box gives out detailed instructions on what temperature to preheat and bake. Overbaking is a definite no-no as it makes the brownies hard and dry but if you are unsure, you could always underbake so that they stay fudgy and delicious. Overbaking is the easiest way to ruin brownies, trust me I know.
So now you know all the secrets on how to impress your friends and family with your baking skills in minimal time by using boxed brownies to make them taste exactly as if bought from a bakery or homebaked. I am hoping you will readers would try at least one of these tips.
You are now ready to wow your friends with your baking skills by transforming your boxed brownies into authentic bakery-bought or actual home-baked brownies. Good dessert always equals a happy mood, no more worries from now on while using boxed brownies.