There’s hardly anyone who doesn’t love dessert. And when that dessert is a cake, everyone’s inner child comes out jumping in joy. But buying cakes from bakeries can be quite expensive, and baking cakes at home from the scratch can be too time-consuming. So how to satisfy that craving for a slice of delicious cake?
Today we are going to share with you a few simple tips on how to make box cake taste like bakery cake. Following these simple steps will give you super moist, delicious, and mouthwatering goodness.
- Replace the amount of water needed for the mix with room temperature or lukewarm milk.
- Also, replace the quantity of oil and in its place add melted butter. This extra fat content will result in an extra moist and soft cake.
- If you want to make the cake extra flavorful add a teaspoon of any essence of your choice.
- Add a handful or two of toppings such as nuts, dried fruits or chocolate chips for more flavour.
- Always use fresh eggs, and add one more egg than the required number given at the back of the box.
- Bake at the same temperature according to the instructions but keep an eye on the oven and check it with a toothpick before taking it out.
So following these simple tips will elevate your simple boxed cake into a show's-topping treat. Now that we have covered cake, let us move on to another indulgent dessert, brownies.
How to make brownies taste homemade?
While there is nothing wrong with making brownies following the instructions on the box, there is also no harm in making them taste homemade by making a few simple changes. We are going to share with you how to make box brownies taste better.
Here are some of our secret tips that will make box brownies taste like homemade:
- Add an extra egg or an egg yolk to elevate the level of fat in the recipe.
- Replace the vegetable oil with melted butter to make the brownies soft and rich in taste.
- Instead of water, add milk or buttermilk. This will make the brownies taste more creamy and flavourful.
- Add some cocoa powder to the powdered mix. Doing this will give you brownies that are richer and chocolatier.
- Don't forget to add some espresso powder to the mix. The espresso helps elevate the chocolate flavour in the brownies.
How to make box brownies chewy?
Now that we are on the topic of brownies, we also have some tips on how to make them extra chewy. Some people like their brownies to be very soft, while some prefer them to be chewy. If you fall into the latter category, we have some tricks and tips to share with you.
To make your brownies really chewy, follow these steps the next time you are making brownies out of a box:
- Add more egg yolks than full eggs. For every single egg you reduce, add two egg yolks to give you chewy brownies.
- Be careful to not overmix the brownie batter. It is one common mistake many people make that results in hard and dense brownies.
- Bake at the temperature mentioned on the box. Going higher will make the brownies hard and dry.
- Take them out of the oven when they are a little under. Just a few minutes underdone brownies when cooled turn super chewy and moist.
So now you know all the secrets on how to make box brownies taste better. We hope you incorporate all these steps the next time you are baking a batch of brownies.
So now you know the simple steps on how to make box cake taste like bakery cake and wow everyone with a show-stopping dessert. You can also transform your boxed brownies to taste authentic and homemade with our easy tips and tricks. We hope that now you won't have any complaints from boxed cakes and brownies.