Let's start with what a content plan is:
A content plan is a monthly publication schedule. In general, you need to draw up an individual content plan for each channel so that posts are adapted to a specific social network for Instagram, for example, it is very important to have a beautiful photo or video, on Twitter - text, etc.
Considering the research, on Facebook, users are best watched videos with an average length of 3-5 minutes. Such content is 59% more popular than the rest.
And now, finally, let's talk about how to plan your content in 5 steps:
Step 1. Strategic session
At this stage, a block of questions on content generation should be considered.
Brainstorm your entire team to answer the following questions:
- What content will support these tasks and tell readers about the product?
- What content should I upload for clients to discuss issues that concern them, answer important ones?
- What knowledge will help you to pay attention to the product and get to know it in more detail?
- What questions do customers most often ask representatives of your company? competitors?
- What observations do we have that will help create value for customers?
- What in general can draw the attention of the community to this topic?
In what composition should strategic content planning take place?
Should include: management, key managers, they know the goals of the company, approve the strategic audience segment, set targets; sales department - they work with leads and have an argument base; customer service department and consulting department - they work with customers and know their claims and gratitude, questions and difficulties in the implementation process; department of SMM, content and internet marketing - they are always aware of trends and audience demand, as well as working formats; project managers and specialists - they are the end point for getting the most recent data.
Step 2. Go to the collection of resources.
Discuss what experts and resources your company has to help you create quality content. Absolutely on any topic in the list of resources there should be three very important ones:
- A list of customer objections and a base of arguments for working them out;
- Frequently asked questions and answers to them;
- Results of customer and subscriber polls;
With this all at his disposal, the content manager can plan the creation and design of key content. It allows you to transform all the ideas and resources that you identified during the session.
Step 3. Plan for strategic content reuse.
The best option is when you are converting large key content into an abundance of smaller formats (micro-content). That is, you create the main block of meaning once and then use it over and over again. This is to work with ICOholder, where it seems to be gradually investing in cryptocurrency, as a result, more profit is obtained.
- Key content can be in the following formats:
- A series of video tutorials and master classes
- Webinar Series
- A set of materials on the topic
- Micro-content formats may include:
- Thematic publications in social networks
- Q&A castes / chats
- Consulting campaigns in the form of chat in social networks
- Social media post series
- Small PDF books
That is, everything that is actively downloaded, liked and re-posted by the audience.
Here's another tip: take your content marketing foundation as simple as this:
- Post in social networks. Its task is to attract the largest possible number of potential audience. It should be in a format popular for social networks. This can be a selection of books, advice, quotes on a given topic.
- A helpful article that can help you improve an improved process or solve a specific problem in a short timeframe.
- A series of master lead magnet lessons in exchange for a potential client.
Step 4. Editorial plan or content - plan
Next, you need to arrange the materials in a coherent timetable, and your content plan is ready to support the business goals of the company.
Step 5. Let's start creating micro-content.
In order for any team member to connect to the process, you need to create regulations - these are documents that describe the creation of a particular type of content.
For example, according to this regulation, posts for social networks can be created:
1. Determine the purpose of the post, that is, you need to define the role of the post in the sales funnel,indicate for which audience segment the post is being written, and determine what key target action do you expect from the subscriber ?;
2. Write the text of the post: decide on its appropriate volume, taking into account the site on which it will be posted, and then insert the tagged link, if required;
3. It is also important to check the text for errors;
4. You can order the visual design for the post from the designer;
5. Don't forget to schedule the date and time of publication;
6. Engage agents to attract the first likes and comments to the post;
7. Track audience reactions, thank for reposts and respond to comments;
8. Launch paid promotion of the post, if necessary;
We hope you will use this article and successfully arrange your business, promote it and become successful and famous. Good luck to you!