Millennials will recollect that growing up they were crazy about stickers. In fact, they used to paste them everywhere. From the doors of the refrigerators to the cars of our parents, we have put stickers practically everywhere!
However, the last few years have seen the stickering industry gain prominence as a business model. Brands have realized that the humble stickers can be a great way to boost branding, celebrate personalization and help with promotions and advertisements.
Several business experts suggest that the growth of digital platforms, technological aids, and the need to be expressive means that opening up an online sticker business can be a great idea. In this article, we are going to list down five steps you need to follow to open a sticker business.
Why opening a Sticker Business is the Perfect Online Idea?
In this section, we are going to look at three reasons why opening a sticker business is the perfect online idea-
- Firstly, starting an online sticker business does not require you to break the bank. In other words, the upfront costs are a minimum. This is perfect for first-timers who always struggle with raising capital to fund their business.
- Secondly, you do not need a complex setup to start this business model. You can start this easily from the comfort of your home or basement. Even if you decide to get a printer or use transfer tape technologies, you do not require a lot of space.
- Thirdly, given the kind of traction this industry has started achieving, you can open up a nifty side income hustle. This has been voted as one of the best passive income ideas in the last few years.
There is a growing craze in the world for stickers. We are putting them on our laptops, backpacks, and many other places.
List of 5 Steps that can help you Start a Sticker Business
- Step 1: Decide what type of stickers you want to create and sell
Individuals need to understand that there are several options or diversifications they can opt for as far as a sticker business is concerned. They also have the option of designing and creating their own stickers or buying them wholesale from a vendor and simply marketing and selling them. Factors like investments will definitely affect whatever decision you choose to make.
- Step 2: Work with the best vendors in terms of quality, logistics, and sale
Once you have decided the particular avenue in the business you want to proceed with, the best step involves getting the right vendors on board. If you are looking to design your own, you need transfer tape, graphics designer, printing technology, and packaging. All this means establishing good relationships with vendors that are reliable, honest, and affordable.
- Step 3: Start your sticker website and social media pages
You cannot afford for months on end before starting an Ecommerce website or social page. As soon as you are looking to go into production with finished stickers, you need to start popularizing the same on search and social. Make sure you pay attention to the content creation process and quality on social platforms. This alone will help you drive visibility and sales.
- Step 4: Plan for aggressive promotions both offline and online
Some businesses can only be successful if they start trending. The sticker business is one of them. You need to make any of your products go viral. If it gets picked up by a Seth Rogen or a Jonah Hill, you have made it. This is why you need to focus on the marketing aspect, as much as you have to do on maintaining quality and being innovative.
- Step 5: Focus on creativity, design, and innovation to help you stand apart
Just like you are interested in opening up a sticker business, so are thousands of other aspiring entrepreneurs. The key to long-term success is carving out your own niche. This means being creative, creating something that you can call your own, and then taking it to your target audiences. Innovation, creativity, and meaningful aesthetics that connect are the need of the hour.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we have tried to help enterprising individuals who are looking to jet-start a new business. There is no doubt that social media is naturally suited to helping a sticker business grow. If you would like us to discuss any points in particular on the topic, please reach out to us in the comments below. We would be more than happy to assist you in finding vendors or gaining inspiration for your new business.