India is one of the countries where cricket is very popular. The entire population monitors the results of not only international matches but also home matches. This is why so many bookmakers want to break into the Indian market and promote their sports betting services. And they succeed.
Thousands of Indians bet every day, 80% of them on cricket. If you are new to this field, then you should learn more about all tournaments in this sport in our article.
What is cricket?
Cricket is a unique sports game that is spread throughout India. It involves two teams of 11 people, who take turns trying to score a ball to each other. It is one of the few sports where the bat is used. The team with the most points wins.
Why cricket is so popular?
Cricket began in India as early as the 18th century. Since then, this sport has gone through a huge history. At the moment, Indian crickets are recognized as some of the best players in the world, and some of them have even broken world records.
There are now many home matches, both domestically and internationally. India has a national team that represents the country on the international stage.
Under these conditions, cricket is a passion of the Indians.
The list of the most important international cricket tournaments
Below you can find out about the most important international matches:
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup;
One of the most important cricket championships in the world, held every two years between 16 teams. It was supposed to take place in 2020 but was postponed until the fall of 2021. The Indian team constantly participates in tournaments and shows good results.
- ICC Champions Trophy;
This is the second most popular international tournament. It is held less frequently and the last games were in 2021. The new championship is slated for 2025. India has been at the forefront since 1998. She also won in 2002 and 2013.
- Champions League Twenty20.
The Champions League Twenty20 was an annual international Twenty20 cricket competition that pitted the best domestic teams from major cricketing nations against one another. The tournament began in 2008. The format included the top teams from eight Test-playing nations' main Twenty20 championships, with India, Australia, and South Africa favored.
The list of the most popular home tournaments
Below you can find out about the most important home matches:
- The Indian Premier League;
This is the most popular and important home tournament in India. It also ranks 6th in the world in terms of visibility across all leagues. 8 strongest teams take part here. At the moment, the absolute leader is the Mumbai Indians. Tournaments have been held every year since 2008.
- The Ranji Trophy;
The Ranjit Trophy is an Indian domestic first-class cricket competition in which many teams representing regional and state cricket bodies compete. The tournament currently has 38 teams competing.
From 1934 till the present, the competition has been held. However, because of the Covid epidemic, it was canceled this year.
- The Duleep Trophy.
The Duleep Trophy is an Indian domestic first-class cricket tournament. Initially, five teams from India's various zones competed in the matches. The format has now changed. India Blue, India Green, and India Red were the three teams picked by the BCCI selectors to compete. The competitors play in a round-robin event, with the top two teams progressing to the final, which India Blue won.
How to start betting on cricket?
You must first complete a few procedures before using any online platform. They are required for all newcomers. These are the registration and deposit. Instructions you will find below.
The registration process is the first stage. It takes place on the website of an online bookmaker. Go to the official website and take the following steps:
- Select "Register" from the drop-down menu;
- Name, date of birth, email, phone number, and other personal information should be entered. Also, only input accurate facts. If you don't, you can have trouble withdrawing your money. The requirement is that only players above the age of 18 can utilize gambling platforms.
- Now use your phone number or email to verify your identity. You will be given a code that must be entered into a particular field.
You may now make a deposit after you've registered an account. This is also required if you wish to use all of the gaming platform's features.
- Log in to your account on the bookmaker's website.
- Select a payment method from the menu and click the "Deposit" button. In general, good platforms are the most popular choices in India. Skrill, Patem, UPI, Neteller, Visa, AstroPay, and other similar services are examples.
- Indicate the amount as well as any further information. Keep in mind that there is a minimum and maximum amount for top-ups.
- Confirm the transaction. Within a few seconds, your funds will be deposited into your gaming account. After that, you may get down to business with the game.
How to place a bet on cricket?
You may place bets now. Any platform should have offered a welcome bonus after the first deposit. You may either use it or begin with your own money.
- Log in to your account on the bookmaker's website or application.
- Then go over all of the key and popular matches on the main page. If the event you're looking for isn't listed, check the categories on the left. Choose "Cricket" from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a tournament and a game;
- Examine the various sorts of bets and odds, make a decision, and specify the stake amount. Confirm it.
Why is cricket such a popular sport in India?
First and foremost, cricket has a long history dating back to the early 18th century. This sport has developed and reached a high level in the country. Now all Indians love and bet on cricket matches.
What are the most popular home cricket tournaments in India?
First of all, this is the Indian Premier League. This tournament has earned the title of one of the most-watched leagues in the world. Further, these are tournaments such as the Ranji Trophy and the Duleep Trophy.
What are the most popular tournaments in international cricket?
There are a huge number of cricket tournaments in the world. The most popular are included in Twenty 20. For example, ICC Men's T20 World Cup, or ICC Men's T20 World Cup. Also, we can mention ICC Champions Trophy.
How to start betting on cricket tournaments in India?
First, choose a reliable bookmaker, then you should take two mandatory steps: register and make your first deposit. After that, you will have access to all the functions of the sports betting platform.
How do I place a bet on a cricket tournament?
To do this, log into To do this, log into your account, then go to the cricket betting website https://cricketbetonline.in/, there select a tournament and a match. Explore the odds and bet types. Select and enter the amount.